Top Shelf Aquatics

Innovative Marine Ghost Skimmers Here Thursday!

inTank

The air intake makes some noise. It doesn't bother me too much as it's in the showroom. If you put your finger over the hole it is completely silent.

I haven't spent much time to make more adjuatments as others have to resolve this. I guess I could use a silencer off another skimmer as well.

Islandoftiki

The air intake makes some noise. It doesn't bother me too much as it's in the showroom. If you put your finger over the hole it is completely silent.

Excellent, so all I need to do is hire someone to hold their finger over the hole? Or superglue a disembodied finger over said hole?

You saying that it doesn't bother you too much in the showroom kinda tells me that it's probably not much quieter than the PLS-50 or the old IM Midsized skimmer, which are mildly annoying while watching TV unless the volume is pretty high. EDIT: and totally inappropriate for a bedroom setting.

Do you know of any other nano skimmers that are in the range of noise of an airline modified Tunze 9002?

Like I said later on you can do more adjustments to lessen the noise I just haven't played around with them. Wgen you turn the air adjustment down it becomes silent. You then have to adjust the cup height. I don't hear it a little bit away from the tank so haven't taken the time to play with it any more.

I would never put a reef tank in a bedroom I like it silent.

The 9002 makes no noise. I would expect the same from the 9001 when it reaches the usa.

• 2 months later...

How have you found this unit has performed to date Stevie?
I have recently purchased one and don't have it pulling skimmate just yet but I am beginning to think I should have just waited for the Tunze 9001. This thing is so loud!

Could you please offer any feedback beyond your initial experiences?

Could you please offer any feedback beyond your initial experiences?

I yanked it out when the Tunze 9001 came out so I could test that skimmer. I only have one tank set up so I'm limited

Archived