Coral Vue Hydros

2.2g Deep Blue Rimless Cube [Retired]

jinx

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sent me the parts list awhile ago,but I think I didn't attempt it because of the price. How much was yours in total ?

It should cycle pretty quick then,did you use water from the 75 to ?

Like $80-$120, depending on where you buy everything. I made a fresh batch of water for it. Also dropped in a chunk of chaeto covered in pods from my 10g macro/pod tank into the tiny refugium ;)

My camera makes it sound louder than it really is.. Most of the noise is coming from the drain line, the rest is the water splashing around.

Did a water change, added some sand from my 75g, and picked up a decent piece of LR for it. It's already showing more pods then I originally added :) Water checks out fine thus far. Probably won't need a heater for it, the ref light and the dc power sources keep it pretty stable in temp 76-78.

I think the piece of LR I bought for it, has a gulf species of open brain coral, either that, or it's a Ricordia.. It's so tiny.. Very hard to see it and even harder to get a picture of it with my crappy camera. I'll try to get a decent pic of it tonight.

Hitchhiker corals are always a sweet score :lol: No toxic spikes or readable nasty buildup going on. Seems to have cycled rather quickly. Have a small diatom bloom going on in the sump. Good thing my dwarf ceriths had babies which I can add to it. Pretty confident it's stable enough to add that clown goby my son keeps asking me to get for it. I'll probably pick one up tonight.

reefernanoman

It's a massive undertaking for a 7yr old, but he is willing to bust his ass to learn, and to keep it going.

I dedicated my Fusion 10G to my 7.5 yr old daughter, but I do all the work lol. I do let her help me feed the fish though.

He actually enjoys getting down and dirty with it. I supervise, but he's been doing everything on his own. Clown Goby acquired! Also picked up a Blue Reef Chromis to replace the idiot Damsel in my 75g. Still waiting on another shipment of BRC to come in, so I can keep them in a small group. Time to get them acclimated!

Very curious and friendly fish. I've never kept one before. Eats like a pig already :o and I've heard they are picky eaters, this one certainly is not picky at all. It's already rearranging the entire SB to it's liking. I guess he's happy ;) took him a lil while to get used to the wave action.

10847871_889731814372747_826185167031511

It's a shame they eat and pick on SPS. I tried putting a frag of my gorg in there yesterday and I watched him biting at the polyps. I also threw in one of my peps to clean the LR of aiptasia. My peps are pretty brave, but this one is terrified of the goby and hes twice the size of him.

I've heard that it's hit or miss with them nipping at SPS. I wouldn't chance it ,especially with me having as many as I do. That's crazy,they are usually not scared of much lol.

In my 75g, I have 3 peps, 2 of which are mated, they attack me any time I put my hands in... they rip hairs off of my arms all the time, gets really annoying. LOL..

• 4 weeks later...

Not much going on besides coralline starting to spread to the rock wall. Got a free frag of zoa's that we put in there. I need to spend a bit of time cleaning off the mid rock this weekend.

10947271_912871848725410_371375647616494

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the macro's that are popping up from the original seed rock are turning out to be a pretty nice addition to the tank. Keeps the goby very happy :)

10981544_921702131175715_594921436378015

I'm not really a fan of macro's, but I like the way this one is turning out. I got the zoa's on the right, I got for free, so I put them in there because my son wanted some in his tank. The yellows grow like weeds in my 75, snipped a frag for it.

Archived