Cultivated Reef

Crummbs Collection

crummbs

oh fsho! My dad was born in china but moved there at 2 and my mom is 1st gen taiwanese. My dad brought them back on the airplane... loll

Sheeiizzz, that's cray. My mom was born in Taiwan but her parents fled from China back in WW2 or some kind of WW. Sheit was cray, her parents coulda got killed easily that time. My pops is 1st gen just like your mom ahha. Your dad maintains a reef over in Taiwan or he just went there for vacation and then brought those back for you? He must know how to reef well since he's able to do that lol.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheeiizzz, that's cray. My mom was born in Taiwan but her parents fled from China back in WW2 or some kind of WW. Sheit was cray, her parents coulda got killed easily that time. My pops is 1st gen just like your mom ahha. Your dad maintains a reef over in Taiwan or he just went there for vacation and then brought those back for you? He must know how to reef well since he's able to do that lol.

Haha my grandparents did the same thing! and nah he went to a store in Taipei and they package and he put it in his luggage haha. apparently a lot of people do it. he's going back in august and he's gonna bring more!

Haha my grandparents did the same thing! and nah he went to a store in Taipei and they package and he put it in his luggage haha. apparently a lot of people do it. he's going back in august and he's gonna bring more!

Ok I just asked my mom again about it. It was back in 1949. It's cray man....my grandpa from my mom's side was only 17 years old or something like that lol. He was rooting with KuoMing party (anti-communist party) and that night was really foggy when they fled. He was running with his cousins who were also in the same party. And they all got lucky because the Communist people were shooting through the fogs for lucky shots from the back. They got into shipping vessels, I think they had connection somehow either by money or friends...don't really know the whole story but shiet's cray.

Damn, that's cray we both got similar tastes in the reef (except, I haven't really got to own anything rare or close as good as yours....lol) and share the same exact kind of background lol. Man, my parents are separated now and my pops just lives in Taiwan, he doesn't support the fam anymore but I'm still really cool with him. People say I'm more like my pops but I don't know....I think I could be sharing the same selfish qualities as him lol.

Man, I wish I could get corals all the way from Taiwan like that....lol.

Ok I just asked my mom again about it. It was back in 1949. It's cray man....my grandpa from my mom's side was only 17 years old or something like that lol. He was rooting with KuoMing party (anti-communist party) and that night was really foggy when they fled. He was running with his cousins who were also in the same party. And they all got lucky because the Communist people were shooting through the fogs for lucky shots. They got into shipping vessels, I think they had connection somehow either by money or friends...don't really know the whole story but shiet's cray.

Damn, that's cray we both got similar tastes in the reef (except, I haven't really got to own anything rare or close as good as yours....lol) and share the same exact kind of background lol. Man, my parents are separated now and my pops just lives in Taiwan, he doesn't support the fam anymore but I'm still really cool with him. People say I'm more like my pops but I don't know....I think I could be sharing the same selfish qualities as him lol.

Man, I wish I could get corals all the way from Taiwan like that....lol.

I hella thought you were the white guy in your sig. LOL. yeah that's the same sorta story my family tells me about them.

Apparently there's stuff in Taiwan that we haven't even seen yet. You should visit and bring it over yourself! LOL stuffs expensive over there tho.

I hella thought you were the white guy in your sig. LOL. yeah that's the same sorta story my family tells me about them.

Apparently there's stuff in Taiwan that we haven't even seen yet. You should visit and bring it over yourself! LOL stuffs expensive over there tho.

Oh yeah? Damn, I wish....lol. I should go visit my pops over there some day. My pops' mom and relatives are all over there and my mom's side relatives (1 aunt and 1 uncle, they both got families so we celebrate the holidays with all our cousins) are all over here in the same city! Lolol weird... I found out more just now from my mom, my mom's mom is actually born in Taiwan. So it's just my mom's pops who ran for his life that night...lol. Shiet's cray...

Oh that guy in my sig, was in the same boat back when I was experiencing the sacrifices of becoming a minimalist, very inspirational. It's really one of a kind experience. Thought I might be able to convert more people to become minimalists that way.

Lol, just told my mom about you and your collection. She said, Taiwan is going to get really really popular with the aquariums and reefs someday because they know how mess with corals' genes or some crap....I don't know....lol. She gave some examples of how they're messing with the colors of chicken eggs that later hatched. What they did was feed the chickens different kinds of food and the eggs turned out different. Some eggs were even rainbow colored or tye dye looking....all by natural foods too. Even the chickens had different colors lol.

Man, now I really wanna go to Taiwan...lol. But thing is, I just started working full-time....I can't go on a vacation for at least a year....sucks lol. My mom's asking which store in Taipei your pops got it from? She and my bro will probably visit Taiwan soon and maybe...Maybe, they can get some corals for me....lol. She said corals over there should be cheaper than here no?

Haha! They aren't necessarily cheaper cause they know that we haven't seen the stuff they have yet. I'm not sure what the name of the store is called but its in Minquan East Road. Thats where all the corals/aquarium shops are at.

Post moar of these badboys!! hehe I'll let my mom know since my bro knows nothing about Taiwanese roads lol.

It's too bad they're expensive...haha.

What else did you get from Taiwan? Or those in the last last post was it? B)

The last two pics in the last post of pics were from taiwan also.

Great collection Crummbs

Thanks!

The last one looks kinda like a red hornet but different colors. Is it a Taiwanese morph? lol

I have no clue. When they aren't next to the red hornets I thought they were just the red hornets. But I compared them and they're different.

BRADYBUNCH7

Hey amazing zoas! How do you glue your zoos to the plugs? And do you cut off the plug on the frag plug? With what??

I have no clue. When they aren't next to the red hornets I thought they were just the red hornets. But I compared them and they're different.

You have some insane pieces in those tanks. I have never seen a schroom tank look so good.

Thanks! Got different tanks for different corals :P

Hey amazing zoas! How do you glue your zoos to the plugs? And do you cut off the plug on the frag plug? With what??

I usually try to get a piece of rumble under the zoas so I can glue it easier. I use the coral cutters you can buy at your LFS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grabbed two new clownfish today while I was down in LA... I stopped by Reef Lounge USA and my god they have a huge selection of corals and fish. Their designer clownfish are super cheap !

HELP ME ID these two kinds of Clownfish cause I have no idea what they are haha ...

IMG_5925_zpse8f1a09e.jpgIMG_5923_zps7a73346d.jpg

I was scared that since I already have two juve clowns (one grade A picasso and one wyoming white) in my 75gal that adding two more might be a bad idea...

Once I put them in the two small clowns swam up and started rubbing against the new clowns! No sign of aggression !! :)

Hopefully it stays that way !

I like that 1st 1. It has a helmet and bulky body.

Btw, I noticed that you should really add a dynamite chalice frag to your collection...0.5" frag goes for $700+...2" frag for 3k..lol. Saw many of those at RAP and also saw the rainbow crush at less than half that price but almost kinda similar to the dynamites.

Oh this was the 1k mushroom I was talking about at RAP....wish I had it...lol.

Hard to tell from the pic, but the body was almost completely white...

15639550305_3970329cfd.jpg

15640390002_9b36bf0546.jpg

Oh this was the 1k mushroom I was talking about at RAP....wish I had it...lol.

Hard to tell from the pic, but the body was almost completely white...

1K for a Mushroom? A white one? Bleach one of yours and pretend it's expensive. I just don't get it. :lol:

Archived