ReefCleaners.org

Wiring LDD's to Typhon Controller

Reefkid88

No, of the driver. These are the labels that you will see on the top of the driver itself.

Last post is edited to clarify for others.

I am getting 1 Typhoon controller and two LDD drivers one 700 and other 1000. Can I control three colors separately BLUE, WHITE AND RED+VIOLET? or I need more driver to do that?

It seems I need one more driver of 1000 that you I can put blues and white to two different 1000s and red+violet to 700 to control the three separately....is that correct?

I am getting 1 Typhoon controller and two LDD drivers one 700 and other 1000. Can I control three colors separately BLUE, WHITE AND RED+VIOLET? or I need more driver to do that?

It seems I need one more driver of 1000 that you I can put blues and white to two different 1000s and red+violet to 700 to control the three separately....is that correct?

So,what color whites are you using ? Use neutral or warm whites and you'll need no reds. Violets can be either ran with the blues or separately. Don't exceed 700mA with them though.

But if you've already got them,you should be fine running them with the whites. And either run the violets with the royals or by themselves. Whatever floats your boat.

If you want control of EACH color SEPARATE,then get a LDD for each color,and call it a day.

For anything you want to control separately, you need a separate driver. There's no easy way to control individual LEDs on a single driver.

I would not suggest putting the violets and reds together. You typically want to run the violets at pretty high currents where they will give the most benefit (remember, violets are for growth, not color, so you can run them harder without messing with the color of the light), but deep reds can be very touchy (one reason why warm whites were suggested in place of the deep reds) and may not need much current to give the desired effect.

I have the following colors ordered. And planning to run on the LDD drives with below mA. If like around 15000K to 20000K. I know know how to calculate Kelvin from these below. I have enough blues if I feel little less white I will buy some warm white or lime.

Also note among the blow BLUE is cree xp-e2 blue

Royal Blue (8) -----------1000mA

Cool White (3)-----------1000mA

Natural White (3)--------1000mA

Blue (6) ------------------700mA

Violet 430 (2)------------ 700mA

Violet 430 (2)-------------700mA

Deep Red 600 (1)--------700mA

jedimasterben

I have the following colors ordered. And planning to run on the LDD drives with below mA. If like around 15000K to 20000K. I know know how to calculate Kelvin from these below. I have enough blues if I feel little less white I will buy some warm white or lime.

Also note among the blow BLUE is cree xp-e2 blue

Royal Blue (8) -----------1000mA

Cool White (3)-----------1000mA

Natural White (3)--------1000mA

Blue (6) ------------------700mA

Violet 430 (2)------------ 700mA

Violet 430 (2)-------------700mA

Deep Red 600 (1)--------700mA

You're doing three clusters? I would have done three warm white, three lime, nine royals, three or six blue, three cyan, and then six violet. You will want the clusters to be identical, any change in them will be noticeable in that section of the tank. You don't need deep red and you don't need cool white, and lime will help brighten to the eye significantly without dropping the color temperature like adding more 'white' will.

Thanks for your advise. I have some space left, As I am doing the diy led first time and color choices really vary person by person. I like to put these first..then accordingly I will add some more leds.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 LDD drivers and typhon controller with extension cable. I have connected all the 3 white wires from the LDD drivers to the red wire of typhon controller. black from typhon controller went to COM (PSU). Yellow and Green are free.

Now all my led controlling together. I want three drivers to run in 3 separate time intervals. That in not work.....

Is my connection wrong?

I have 3 LDD drivers and typhon controller with extension cable. I have connected all the 3 white wires from the LDD drivers to the red wire of typhon controller. black from typhon controller went to COM (PSU). Yellow and Green are free.

Now all my led controlling together. I want three drivers to run in 3 separate time intervals. That in not work.....

Is my connection wrong?

The white wires are the pwm dim wires (assuming you have the LDD-HW version). If you want them controlled separately, then each white wire needs to be connected to a separate channel.

Which yellow and green wires are "free". This concerns me.

I have figured it out....only the green wire from steve's extension should be free. The black should go to com of PSU. As I have purchased the two channel extension the other two wires are red and yellow. so I put blue and red in one channel and some white with blue in other channel.

Archived