Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

florida live rock

MOJOEJOEJOE

My first 2 shipments were baddy free. Or wait, I think I had one of those eunice worms which i killed. The 3rd shipment came with 2 baby mantis, I was able to catch one, the other seems to have disappeared. I have a huge pistol shrimp who probably shot it.

I suggest curing it in your tank if it is small enough for you to be able to do several water changes during the cycle. This will help make it a soft cycle to preserve life. My RSM was too large, doing those water changes was exhausting. putting the rocks in a 10-20 long with light, heater and flow might work better.

Good call. It is for a 45g cube with a 29g sump... soooo I will go ahead and soft cycle them in a 20g and then add them to the tank once done.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MOJOEJOEJOE

So im a few weeks into my live rock and it looks great. I am starting to see a bunch of Macro algae growing already and my hermits and emerald are doing there job cleaning stuff up. I do have some hair algae but thats probably a combo of my light cycle and the fact that im cycling the rock in the tank. I only found one aptasia and I need it gone as soon as I possible. Overall this is probably the best rock I ever purchased.

The gha should die off really quick once everything balances out. I was worried when mine sprouted algae but literally just overnight it was gone. It only took a few days after the bloom

MOJOEJOEJOE

I hate GHA it drives me nuts. I did another 30% water change today. My test kit is missing so I cant test the water right now. Hopefully the GHA goes away and takes the aptasia with it.

There are all kinds of pieces. You can request porous ones. Pictures of some of mine, both porous and non. Everything came with abundant life.

My order has shipped omgomgomg

Paypal didn't have a comment area for the rock so I emailed them about it after the order. Hope they got the request for larger pieces but if not, oh well.

• 3 weeks later...
MOJOEJOEJOE

Im a few months into this rock now and things are looking good. GHA is still there but not really spreading so Im hopeful that in time it will go away. Still no fish but my hermits are doing good. The emerald died so that was a bummer. Here is some growth from macro algae. I have not trimmed it yet but its now touching the glass so it may be time. Is this an indication that my light quality is good and water is good My test kit is old so I dont really trust it. I need to sell more stuff on ebay so I can buy a new kit. The goal for this project was to only fund it through ebay sales LOL.

post-48841-0-97794900-1402251545_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

i just ordered 17lb of the deco - i have a 28 gal and bought 15lb of live rock from LFS that has basically no life on it (bedsides Bactria) that i put in 2 days ago - im hoping the liven it up a bit when the shipment arrives.

As others have said there is no place to comment when using paypal so i sent e-mail telling him about my tank and asking him to pick out what he thinks would work :)

• 2 months later...

I just received 17lb from Dan and I'm never buying rocks from any other place. I am extremely happy with my order. I usually buy rocks from members or start with dry rock but I will never do that again. I will post some pics later

Search for an old thread of mine - based on metrokat's enthusiasm I purchased the gulfliverock nano package. I posted unboxing photos as well as photos of all the rocks they sent. Yeah, photos of rocks! Thumbs up!Oh! 10 gallons of rock seems like a lot for an edge, especially with its small opening and challenges of sticking your hand inside to do stuff

+1. The edge is very difficult to aquascape. You should measure the opening and specifically request that your pieces will fit through the hole.

Alternately, I know of someone who cut the silicone on the top, pulled the entire top off (live rimless) then after scraping he siliconed the top back in place. I have never siliconed a tank, so I was too chicken to do it. Possible idea for someone braver than me.

I can't wait to see another edge build!

Good luck

Edit: I responded to the first page... You are way past this now, sorry

Aww, well if you feel like it, I'd love to see mor epictures, feel free to post on my thread.

Thanks

The cycle lasted exactly a week from receiving the rocks doing a 40% water change daily for the 1st 5 days. I have some stuff growing in a few rocks already. I'll update in about 2 weeks.

Archived