Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ruester's Reef Piece - New FTS

Ruester007

Ruester007

My GSP has been growing like crazy. I tried to remove the "mat" but it just disintegrates. Each night when it closes up I remove a little more.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ruester007

I have a scarlet hermit that is a glutton for punishment. Last night I found him on top of a new acro, and a knocked him off. Wake up this morning he is back again - promptly knocked him off. This has gone on all day so far. I am sure in another 20 minutes he will be back again. I don't think this is a sign of anything bad.

Ruester007

I wrapped up work a little early this afternoon, time for some tank maintenance. Anyone else find working on the tank to be as relaxing as I do?

Ruester007

I got the tank all cleaned up, sump included. I also started using Red Sea Coral Nutrition Parts a and b a few days ago. The corals seem to be responding well. I have only been half dosing as to avoid any unwanted algae growth. Pictures to follow later today.

Is anyone else using RSCN parts a and b?

Ruester007

looks awesome. needs more corals on the right side though ;)

Too true. I am hoping to get the Chalice to spread and create a sheltered area for some lower light corals.

Ruester007

While I was taking pictures this afternoon, I thought I would update the photo comparison of the Chalice growth. I should have a set time interval, but the pictures just sort of happen when I have the free time.

- Cheers

Comparison2_zps5585905d.jpg

Ruester007

I'm am heading out of town for about an week and it am more nervous about the tank than it thought it would be. Everything has been automated except for feedings which my house sitter is going to handle. I am going to look into an apex controller so I can monitor from a far. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
Ruester007

I updated my CUC with a package from Reefcleaners.org. The tank has never been cleaner! Per usual, there were way more than ordered with no dead loss at all. The snails have fully dispersed around the tank.

Archived