Coral Vue Hydros

CAD Lights Pico 4g Zoa & Goby Grotto

SouthFlorida_Tron

What setting do you have your prime at if you don't mind me asking. I'm about to put a prime over a 4g and your growth is amazing

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

I think its more food related than light related.... I feed every day with the foods in the picture on the previous post on the last page, and i do weekly water changes... with corals like these, i think they has more of an influence than with the light... however.... ill post up a picture of my current programming, i just modded it a bit to increase the power intensity as some zoas are reaching quite a bit.... standby!

SouthFlorida_Tron

9am: UV/Violet 0-75%

11am: UV/Violet/DeepBlue 100% Blue 50%

1230pm: UV/Violet/DeepBlue/Blue 100% Green/Red 30% White 50%

3pm: UV/Violet/DeepBlue/Blue 100% Green/Red 40% White 60%

The programming before was less white, red, and green... as well as violet and uv, but i increased everything overall to increase the power output.... Its much whiter kelvin wise to the eye but mostly when I'm not home, to enhance coral penetration...

This is the graph

25076384634_0648743316_c.jpgPrime program by Jon Llama, on Flickr

I agree on growth being more attributed from feeding, I just got the light yesterday and was just curious at what you max it at so I have an idea of a power to acclimate it to.

I appreciate the quick response

SouthFlorida_Tron

I agree on growth being more attributed from feeding, I just got the light yesterday and was just curious at what you max it at so I have an idea of a power to acclimate it to.

I appreciate the quick response

I wouldn't be shy with the blues, violet & UV doesn't appear too bright to the eye so you can be generous with those, id be weary with red green and white....

height also makes a difference...

At the same time neither violets are bright to the eye,they are part monsters which can kinda be misleading.

All in all with my situation in just think my tank is way too clean which is slowing growth all in all. Yet I can grow the shit out of some algae lol.

• 4 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

This wretched MJ pump on my CAD4 keeps struggling with particulates and clogging.... The ordering of an IM 10 Fusion is imminent.

• 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

InTank basket ordered for the IM10 Fusion, tank will be next.... the end is coming soon for you 4g!

This wretched MJ pump on my CAD4 keeps struggling with particulates and clogging.... The ordering of an IM 10 Fusion is imminent.

InTank basket ordered for the IM10 Fusion, tank will be next.... the end is coming soon for you 4g!

HELL-YEAH.jpg

SouthFlorida_Tron

Its so cool, the bluer, the better... it shows the fluorescence of the corals. i can't get the greatest shots of the big tank because its out in the main room and its too much daylight, even with the blinds closed...

Oh okay. Because with my glasses,I guess it for my phone and it gives you more of a natural. And I just messed around and held the glasses in front of my Canon SL1 and it made everything look like trash lol.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I've changed that schedule a bit...

I don't know how to download and post it here, sorry...

Oh okay. Because with my glasses,I guess it for my phone and it gives you more of a natural. And I just messed around and held the glasses in front of my Canon SL1 and it made everything look like trash lol.

So apparently the filter is not the same affect as the glasses and my cousin has suggested i get the glasses, you're having issues with the glasses providing a cool effect?

FlamingPrawn

I've changed that schedule a bit...

I don't know how to download and post it here, sorry...

So apparently the filter is not the same affect as the glasses and my cousin has suggested i get the glasses, you're having issues with the glasses providing a cool effect?

Can you give me an idea what your new schedule is? You seem to have good growth so I wanted to copy if you don't mind ;) Also how high do you have it off the tank?

Rest In Peace little CAD Lights. You served me well.... :flower:

Did you do the swap this weekend? If so, ironically enough, I broke down my 34 over the weekend.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Its all torn down and transferred over, the process took about 10 minutes... much quicker than i thought :)

FlamingPrawn

Its all torn down and transferred over, the process took about 10 minutes... much quicker than i thought :)

Hope everything transferred well! Looking forward to some new pics! What are you going to do with the 4?

Hope everything transferred well! Looking forward to some new pics! What are you going to do with the 4?

Frag tank! :)
FlamingPrawn

Frag tank! :)

always a good choice ;) I prefer my new 30 gallon. I put a picture in my 4 gallon build. Hopefully going to get some frags this week and idk what to do fish wise yet... needs to be beneficial and clean off the frags

SouthFlorida_Tron

Everything looks great and is enjoying their new, roomier quarters... Pics to come on its featured thread ?

Archived