Cultivated Reef

CAD Lights Pico 4g Zoa & Goby Grotto

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

Nice grab on the hi fin and pistol, perfect for that tank.......lights gonna be sick! Used to own a tide, and loved the colors it put out.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Looking good. Love the Goby and those Zoa's are great. :)

Thanks Homey... I love that this little tank is coming along... my daughter uses it as a night light :P

Its a cute little reef... Looking forward to seeing the NB Tide over it!

Nanofreak79

Looks like your getting off to a great start with this little beast. Kinda cool to see the tank could operate well even with the stock lighting. Nice pis too.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks like your getting off to a great start with this little beast. Kinda cool to see the tank could operate well even with the stock lighting. Nice pis too.

Its ok, I think only because the corals don't require much, for now! the light does look super dim...

SouthFlorida_Tron

For now ???

You can just tell that some of the coral are open, but not showing their full potential...

Awesome upgrade. Just be careful. Even with the ECO, that is going to be a lot of light for a 4G! Other than that, you're gonna love it(and hopefully your daughter too)!

When do you get it?

Great work so far, everything looks great. How did the clown do in there? (And I may have missed, but did it die?) I'm looking into getting one of these tanks, This just makes it more tempting. What's your overall thoughts on it? And finally, will a skimmer fit anywhere in it?

SouthFlorida_Tron

When do you get it?

Great work so far, everything looks great. How did the clown do in there? (And I may have missed, but did it die?) I'm looking into getting one of these tanks, This just makes it more tempting. What's your overall thoughts on it? And finally, will a skimmer fit anywhere in it?

Overall, its perfect for what I wanted, the goal was to get a small, self contained system that fits neatly on the desk top in my kid's room.

The clown did well for a while but it was in bad shape when the store gave him to me to rescue, I'm afraid it was in such bad shape that it just didn't last...

But this new goby pistol pair is working out fine! they have caves everywhere, i see the goby daily, and hear the pistol from time to time! they're both eating daily :)

I think the light needs improvement, hence the nano box order...

its too small for a skimmer, but their new 8g is designed to work with the pls50 skimmer. luckily for me, this 4g is a zoa softie tank...

Overall, its perfect for what I wanted, the goal was to get a small, self contained system that fits neatly on the desk top in my kid's room.

The clown did well for a while but it was in bad shape when the store gave him to me to rescue, I'm afraid it was in such bad shape that it just didn't last...

But this new goby pistol pair is working out fine! they have caves everywhere, i see the goby daily, and hear the pistol from time to time! they're both eating daily :)

I think the light needs improvement, hence the nano box order...

its too small for a skimmer, but their new 8g is designed to work with the pls50 skimmer. luckily for me, this 4g is a zoa softie tank...

Thanks. :) What kind of water volume do you think you have once everything is said and done? (Sand and rock)

SouthFlorida_Tron

Thanks. :) What kind of water volume do you think you have once everything is said and done? (Sand and rock)

Um.... not really sure.. somewhere between 3-4g probably, never really measured it... this was a very simple setup from the outlook... the fact that it turned out as pretty as it did is a plus, and i got lucky that my LFS picked up the goby/pistol pair i could bring home :ninja:

Archived