Pod Your Reef

Tree of life Zoa dominated tank

jaywong04

FlowerMama

That looks awesome on the front sand. Almost like the lushest grass I've ever seen. How often do you trim back?

--Well, not often, like once every couple of mos but now I see some that are just about to the zoa mat so I need to cut some tomorrow actually, see if I can't pull some away from the rock that is going right into the Midas zoas. I didn't realize until now that it's encroaching on my rics on the left. Tomorrow I'll do a little cutting and add some to the back wall again.

I'll take a pic again as the pieces on the wall on the upper right have gotten closer to each other.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have been waiting for this for soolong there.are.frags.in the sand ill glue it to the tree once it settled :)

thanks bro i hope so . i will put different zoas slowly hoping for the fast growth so that the dead tree will become a colorful tree :)

Have any pictures or close up,of the Zoa's closest to camera with the greenish centers and white skirts ?

Beautiful! Love the idea. I can't wait to see them fill out more. now I'm looking into one of those lights! I really like it. :)

thanks everyone

ill try to get some closeup pic next time

the intellisun g3 is very awesome, i like it very much!

Legendary Corals

That's such a cool idea! I've often thought about doing something similar but with dead deepwater sps skeletons.

I'd love to some something like this,but each "branch" have all the same morph instead of mixing them up. And maybe have like a seasons greeting monti or green monti as the grass.

Looking awesome though,things are growing in nicely !!!

I'd love to some something like this,but each "branch" have all the same morph instead of mixing them up. And maybe have like a seasons greeting monti or green monti as the grass.

Looking awesome though,things are growing in nicely !!!

i like the idea but soo many beautiful zoa = very confusing what to put 1 type per branch

thanks hope the growth will continue

:)

bdevillier19

i like the idea but soo many beautiful zoa = very confusing what to put 1 type per branch thanks hope the growth will continue :)

i would have a hard time picking which zoas go where as well. the hardest part is going to be having the patients for it all to fill in. looking good, keep giving you lunch money to the LFS and keep the pics coming.

i dont have idea if the color combinations ive made in grouping them will come out beautiful i just pick zoas that is beautiful in my eyes and put them together

yeah patiance is the key here waiting game :)

Archived