Pod Your Reef

Tree of life Zoa dominated tank

jaywong04

Maybe I missed it or something but where did you get that rockwork from and exactly what is it. I really like what you did with it.

for this scape i used handpicked lr and dead corals , i put them together using all purpose epoxy clay

patience is the key :)

thanks

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bdevillier19

oh this just gets better and better. i see threads like this and i start looking around the house for a suitable place to put another tank. lol.

oh this just gets better and better. i see threads like this and i start looking around the house for a suitable place to put another tank. lol.

thanks bro same as u heh reefing is very addictive

Awesome tree!

So much better than the first go around. Pretty much one of the only scapes I've seen using tonga rock that looks good.

Awsome scape !! I love tonga rock

thanks im very excited to see how it will look after putting zoas in the tree

a little update...

just got my led light its a intellisun g3 85w light (dimmable & programmable). i mount it temporarily to pvc pipe made stand

C360_2014-04-21-07-22-30-174_zps849b9634

will try to post more pic of the light later :)

you have just officially inspired me. I've been wanting to do a pico tank for a while now with an emphasis on high end zoas and acans but was lost with aquascaping such a small tank. I love the idea of a zoa "tree" and acan garden at the bottom. But now i'm thinking ricordias might look better as the "garden" portion and, in my experience, are hardier than acans (which may be better in such a small tank) Following along for sure and can't wait to see the results!

I've been watching this thing develop and man it's came along well. I'm diggin' that light. I'm curious to see how that light does,looks really really good !!!

Time to follow along !!!

thanks everyone the comments make me more excited

update:

while waiting for the parameters to settle, i've fragged some of my zoas n palys from my 30gal reef tank. that soon will be the leaves of the tree :)

Did you frag anything gooooood ?!! ;)

omg... you know what would be awesome.... having gsp grow as grass :o

That would be awesome !!!!!!

Did you frag anything gooooood ?!! ;)

That would be awesome !!!!!!

thats also an idea ive been thinking of

the one that stopping me to take that path maybe the gsp will overgow the tank

ill try first to put gsp on a flatrock

Archived