SaltCritters.com

Post a Pic of the Nimble in your Tank

C Jerome

Got my nimbles today and immediately put them to work. Here's a pic of one in my pico - it seems to be acrylic safe (I keep seeing the ? but no answer).

Guess I need a super nimble for my 20 tho, didn't have quite enuf power to get everything off the back.

PS... My 6 yo step-daughter thanks you too cause she loves to clean the tank but was making too big a mess with the mag-floats. She's having a blast helping me out as I type this.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

skeletor, your tanks is awesome.

It really has an ocean feeling with the lighting. What do you have in there??

Also... nice Nimble Skid!

• 2 weeks later...

Bam

I am happy your stepdaughter can clean your tank with out disturbing the creatures now.

Has the Nimble been kind to the acrylic?

C. Jerome

• 2 weeks later...

Beside an astrea.

What I love about it is that it cleans the "horizon" area around the edge of the sand bed and the glass.

Will try to get more pictures soon. The table which my tank is on is cluttered with piping.

Nice series of photos. I am glad it arrived to Canada in such good time. I pack the all this way to ensure a secure shipment. I also clean that 'horizon' area near the top and bottom, its nice you can do it with out a sand storm, but be careful not to get sand traped inbetween the pad and the glass as with any magnet cleaner.

Jerome

Here are my pictures. Great product. Got mine, took out the stock magnet cleaner, placed the Nimble in the tank, and immediate satisfaction!

nimble1.jpg

nimble2.jpg

The Nimble looks good in your tank. Thank you for posting photos.

Spastic You can get one from me, I will PM you.

Jerome

I bought the Nimble for use in my acrylic 5 gallon, even though it had not yet been labled "acrylic safe". I had been out of town on and off so my tank had two weeks worth of lovely algae cover.

So I took a chance and tested The Nimble out for the first time on acrylic, and I couldn't have been more pleased!

The Nimble removed all the brown slime, and green spot algae in one easy sweep, WITHOUT a single scratch to my acrylic. A certain well established brown spot algae took more difficultly in removeing, but because of The Nimble's durable scrub pad, it was able to cut through it. The Nimble even removed small patches of coraline algea that had begun to form.

I must caution however that like most magnetic scrubbers, sand particles can easily become traped in the scrub pad, and begin to scratch the acrylic. So Acrylic owners should take extra care near the sand bed, and keep the pad sand free.

here are a few snapshots of The Nimble at work against the two week old algae..... ewww.. the horror!

RandomLetters

man cant wait for mine :) Payment has been recieved by jerome, maybe ill have some before/after shots by friday, I've been saving all my algae :)

• 1 month later...

I have had mine for a few months and recommend them to anyone I can. Far superior to the mag float. I will post a pic in the AM.

Thanks again C Jerome,

Chris

Thought this needed a well-deserved bump!

these "Nimbles" are great for ALL kinds of tanks (i believe it might also work well with acryclic as long as there are no sand particles trapped in between the acrylic & magnet)

as for glass, it can't get any better than the nimble... bottomline is, if you have a nano-reef, you need a nimble.

ChrisX i have a bow front and because of the bent glass it doesnt work too good on the front i have to go over it 3-4 times before it comes off. I may be switching into a 15g tank im sure itll preform great on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived