inTank Media Baskets

Diver's Paradise: The Sequel (Vacation Pics pg. 48!)

Felicia

Yeah I went for a school field trip in middle school. I remember it being fun, but mostly because it was a bunch of middle school kids staying in hotels and running around away from the parents for a few days. I haven't had a ton of desire to go since then, but it would be fun when you add MACNA to the mix :)

I have a feeling MACNA makes everywhere a bit more fun ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's cookin good lookin

This thread needs more pik updates! You slacker :P:lol:

You're being a brat :P You know I don't have time for photos right now. Once I get through my qualifying exam this week and my relaxing trip to Vegas afterwards, I'll get the tank cleaned up and take photos.

You're being a brat :P You know I don't have time for photos right now. Once I get through my qualifying exam this week and my relaxing trip to Vegas afterwards, I'll get the tank cleaned up and take photos.

Is it a country music festival weekend???? omgomgomg You two will have so much fun :happydance:.

Is it a country music festival weekend???? omgomgomg You two will have so much fun :happydance:.

Yep, the 3 day country music festival is this weekend in Vegas. I fly to Vegas Thursday night and the concert is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and then I come home monday afternoon. Should be a nice long weekend. I need it after the crazy exam I have this Wednesday.

Is That so?

K, we'll take a Lily pic as collateral in the mean time :happy:

Nah, I'm too lazy. :P

Yep, the 3 day country music festival is this weekend in Vegas. I fly to Vegas Thursday night and the concert is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and then I come home monday afternoon. Should be a nice long weekend. I need it after the crazy exam I have this Wednesday.

Nah, I'm too lazy. :P

Awesome!!! What names will be there? I'm not real familiar with country music but I'm sure I'd recognize a few names. I guess I could look it up myself :).

Good luck with the exam!!!!!

Oh...Blake Shelton!!!! I really like him. He's funny...saw him on Jimmy Fallon....he cracked me up LOL.

Did you do the Harvest Lounge Upgrade???? :). What an awesome festival!!!!

Awesome!!! What names will be there? I'm not real familiar with country music but I'm sure I'd recognize a few names. I guess I could look it up myself :).

Good luck with the exam!!!!!

The big names that you might recognize are Blake Shelton (judge on The Voice), Miranda Lambert (Blake Shelton's Wife), Dierks Bentley, Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, Tyler Farr, Randy houser...and then lots of newer but popular people. Definitely an awesome line up. Its taking place in a big empty lot on the strip across from Mandalay Bay. It goes on from like 2 pm to midnight each day, and you can come and go as you please. We're staying at Mandalay, which is right across the street so that will be convenient. Most of the weekend will be the concert, but we're going to try to make time to get to ATM one afternoon. Then there's fun restaurants, bars, and clubs :) Oh, and I'm super excited about the insane pools and beach area at Mandalay Bay. I'm ready to lay in a lounge chair in a bathing suit, with a cocktail, while I read a book and relax. :lol:

Thanks! This is my big oral exam in front of my committee (4 professors) where I present my thesis project. If I pass, I get advanced to PhD candidacy, which is the last big hurdle/exam before I write my thesis and graduate. If I fail (its probably about a 1 in 3 fail rate), then I have to wait a bit, study more, and take it again. Definitely stressful!

Oh...Blake Shelton!!!! I really like him. He's funny...saw him on Jimmy Fallon....he cracked me up LOL.

Did you do the Harvest Lounge Upgrade???? :). What an awesome festival!!!!

Just saw you posted again while I was writing my reply. Blake Shelton is awesome. Such a funny dude :) He's hilarious on The Voice.

No, we didn't do the upgrade. Didn't seem like it would be worth an extra $150 each. The area for that is pretty far back from the stage anyways, so I'd rather just try to get a bit closer. We can bring in folding chairs and its just general admission, so you go in and find a place to sit. I think the only benefit of the Harvest Lounge is that there's some shade, but not really worth $150. Hopefully it won't be too crazy hot and I'm going to be crazy with the sunscreen since I'm fair skinned and burn so easily.

The big names that you might recognize are Blake Shelton (judge on The Voice), Miranda Lambert (Blake Shelton's Wife), Dierks Bentley, Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, Tyler Farr, Randy houser...and then lots of newer but popular people. Definitely an awesome line up. Its taking place in a big empty lot on the strip across from Mandalay Bay. It goes on from like 2 pm to midnight each day, and you can come and go as you please. We're staying at Mandalay, which is right across the street so that will be convenient. Most of the weekend will be the concert, but we're going to try to make time to get to ATM one afternoon. Then there's fun restaurants, bars, and clubs :) Oh, and I'm super excited about the insane pools and beach area at Mandalay Bay. I'm ready to lay in a lounge chair in a bathing suit, with a cocktail, while I read a book and relax. :lol:

Thanks! This is my big oral exam in front of my committee (4 professors) where I present my thesis project. If I pass, I get advanced to PhD candidacy, which is the last big hurdle/exam before I write my thesis and graduate. If I fail (its probably about a 1 in 3 fail rate), then I have to wait a bit, study more, and take it again. Definitely stressful!

Just saw you posted again while I was writing my reply. Blake Shelton is awesome. Such a funny dude :) He's hilarious on The Voice.

No, we didn't do the upgrade. Didn't seem like it would be worth an extra $150 each. The area for that is pretty far back from the stage anyways, so I'd rather just try to get a bit closer. We can bring in folding chairs and its just general admission, so you go in and find a place to sit. I think the only benefit of the Harvest Lounge is that there's some shade, but not really worth $150. Hopefully it won't be too crazy hot and I'm going to be crazy with the sunscreen since I'm fair skinned and burn so easily.

I think I heard Mandalay Bay has the best pools. I've been to Vegas twice in my life. The first time was right after we were married. We did a road trip to California and stopped in Vegas for one night on the way back. Played some Black Jack...that was fun :). The second time was a few years ago. We stayed at the MGM Grand...great pools there too. I love the lazy river. The three of us had a blast...even my husband who doesn't like outdoor pools (he's fair skinned and burns too) LOL.

I hope it's not too hot for you guys...but don't count on it not being. It's supposed to heat up into the 100s for us this weekend and I'm sure that heat is coming from Vegas and east :).

That exams sounds incredibly stressful. Vegas will be a super nice reward at the end :).

I think I heard Mandalay Bay has the best pools. I've been to Vegas twice in my life. The first time was right after we were married. We did a road trip to California and stopped in Vegas for one night on the way back. Played some Black Jack...that was fun :). The second time was a few years ago. We stayed at the MGM Grand...great pools there too. I love the lazy river. The three of us had a blast...even my husband who doesn't like outdoor pools (he's fair skinned and burns too) LOL.

I hope it's not too hot for you guys...but don't count on it not being. It's supposed to heat up into the 100s for us this weekend and I'm sure that heat is coming from Vegas and east :).

That exams sounds incredibly stressful. Vegas will be a super nice reward at the end :).

I've been to Vegas twice as well, but both times were with my family back when I was in middle school. I'm excited to go as an adult now :) Lazy rivers are so relaxing. I just have to wear tons of sunscreen, haha!

It looks like its supposed to be low 90's during the day and high 60's at night. Not awful, but I was hoping for 80's. The forecast keeps changing every couple days though, so we'll see. I'm not really a hot weather person, but I did grow up in Florida so I'll live.

Yeah, I'm getting very stressed. Ready for it to be over with. I've spent the last month studying and prepping.

Here's the cute Lily photo Eddie requested. :)

IMG_0668.jpg

Soo purrrdy :)

Most of the weekend will be the concert, but we're going to try to make time to get to ATM one afternoon.

That'd be sweet. I'd love to just see their facility in person, all those tanks!

Then there's fun restaurants, bars, and clubs :) Oh, and I'm super excited about the insane pools and beach area at Mandalay Bay. I'm ready to lay in a lounge chair in a bathing suit, with a cocktail, while I read a book and relax. :lol:

You intellectual types lol The rest sounds quite appealing tho :)

Wow, working on a PhD thats amazing! I am sure you will do great on your exam, what is your field/major? Don't even think about the what if you fail BS, focus on getting it done the 1st time and you will do great!!!

Soo purrrdy :)

:flower:

That'd be sweet. I'd love to just see their facility in person, all those tanks!

Yeah, I think it will be fun. I spoke with Redneck and one of their regular employees for quite a while at MACNA and they were super cool. Very different than how they're portrayed on the show and they seem much more knowledgeable about the hobby than the show makes them out to be. They get a lot of hate, but I think its still a pretty cool company. I'll take some photos to share with you guys.

You intellectual types lol The rest sounds quite appealing tho :)

Ha! Its so nice to lay by the pool with a cocktail and a good book. Alcohol and a good book is my favorite way to unwind. I've always been a bit of a book worm though, so yep, I'm a nerd and I'm ok with this :lol:

Wow, working on a PhD thats amazing! I am sure you will do great on your exam, what is your field/major? Don't even think about the what if you fail BS, focus on getting it done the 1st time and you will do great!!!

Thanks! Its not nearly as exciting as it sounds most of the time :lol: I'm in the Materials Science and Engineering department. I work on developing polymer-based biomaterials for preventing/repairing heart muscle damage from heart attacks. Yeah, I'm being optimistic about this exam, but I have to be realistic about it too so I'm not too devastated if I fail the first time. A lot of very smart people I know have failed their first try and then done great the second time, so I'm ok with that if it happens.

I know how those butterflies can congregate in your stomach before a big defense/exam. You just get so sick at the thought of spending any more time studying, yet you are so panicked about the whole thing all you can do is study. Ugh. I have a story to hopefully make you laugh though! :)

I completed a Masters a few years ago. My defense was on a Friday. Well, the Monday of that week I had reheated some sweet & sour chicken in the microwave. You know how microwaves can cook things unevenly... Well I was kinda absent-mindedly eating the chicken while I was tweaking my presentation on my laptop. The outer breading on the chicken was cool. I chewed once or twice then swallowed -- and then the molten core of chicken at the center hit my pharynx and burned the bajesus out of it. I managed to cough the chicken out rather than completely swallowing, but the damage was already done. The back of my throat was so raw and swollen I couldn't even swallow my own saliva for a few days. Needless to say, I couldn't talk.

The next day I met up with one of my advisers. I had to talk to him via typing on my computer! He joked that he wasn't going to let me out of my defense and was going to have me defend via interpretive dance if i was still unable to speak on Friday. (My thesis was on investigating the effects of obesity on renal function in dogs, so that would have been interesting.) For the rest of the week I subsisted on smoothies. I didn't even attempt to talk until the morning of my defense. I had a huge bottle of ice water with me for my presentation and oral exam. I made it through (and passed!) but definitely was pretty hoarse by the end.

Hey good luck to you and happy vaycay Doc.

:)

cute!

I know how those butterflies can congregate in your stomach before a big defense/exam. You just get so sick at the thought of spending any more time studying, yet you are so panicked about the whole thing all you can do is study. Ugh. I have a story to hopefully make you laugh though! :)

I completed a Masters a few years ago. My defense was on a Friday. Well, the Monday of that week I had reheated some sweet & sour chicken in the microwave. You know how microwaves can cook things unevenly... Well I was kinda absent-mindedly eating the chicken while I was tweaking my presentation on my laptop. The outer breading on the chicken was cool. I chewed once or twice then swallowed -- and then the molten core of chicken at the center hit my pharynx and burned the bajesus out of it. I managed to cough the chicken out rather than completely swallowing, but the damage was already done. The back of my throat was so raw and swollen I couldn't even swallow my own saliva for a few days. Needless to say, I couldn't talk.

The next day I met up with one of my advisers. I had to talk to him via typing on my computer! He joked that he wasn't going to let me out of my defense and was going to have me defend via interpretive dance if i was still unable to speak on Friday. (My thesis was on investigating the effects of obesity on renal function in dogs, so that would have been interesting.) For the rest of the week I subsisted on smoothies. I didn't even attempt to talk until the morning of my defense. I had a huge bottle of ice water with me for my presentation and oral exam. I made it through (and passed!) but definitely was pretty hoarse by the end.

now that is a supportive story!!!

Thank you for the support everyone! It went really well! So glad to have that out of the way. Now its time for VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!

Mirya, I saw your story yesterday morning before my exam and it made me laugh. I bet it was rough at the time, but in hindsight its pretty funny. Thanks for the support. Luckily I had my voice for my qualifying exam yesterday, but I do have a raspy throat today from talking for 3 hours straight yesterday.

Thank you for the support everyone! It went really well! So glad to have that out of the way. Now its time for VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!

Mirya, I saw your story yesterday morning before my exam and it made me laugh. I bet it was rough at the time, but in hindsight its pretty funny. Thanks for the support. Luckily I had my voice for my qualifying exam yesterday, but I do have a raspy throat today from talking for 3 hours straight yesterday.

WOOOOHOOOOO....have a blast!!!!! :happydance:

:lol: So happy to hear it went well! Enjoy your very well deserved time in Vegas!

And, I'm happy I could make you laugh! I figure if I can't laugh at myself, then what is the point. ;)

Archived