Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wife Kicked Tank Out of - Need Quite & Attractive Idea

Sneltyr

I originally quoted the mono from Dave, but got the Duo just in case I want to upgrade in the future. I am pretty sure someone here has a Mono over their PicO 18x18 cube. For $100 more, I get twice the number of LEDs. I am the guy that orders a Venti at Starbucks even though I only finish half =P.

Gotcha. Yeah I was wondering because I'm pretty sure I'm going to a 10-12g cube when I upgrade, and will be looking to get a mono for that instead of the tide. Thanks for the info :)

Thanks - I'm leaning toward the IM16 with StevieT's RSM130 Filter compartment cover. I read he upgraded with Eheim pumps and I'm not sure which skimmer he is using. I'd probably go withe the Skkye LEDs for a gold clean look.

Just a quick tip - not sure if this has been mentioned - but if you want to grow anything do NOT use the Skkye LEDs. I have the Dimmable Dualstrip and have not been happy with it. The LEDs are pretty bad and the spectrum is not pleasant. Definitely go with a Nanobox or a Kessil.

Say it in Spanish... Bentay. Or pronounced, at least. Its kinda dirty,,,

I prefer, "Ill have a tall skinny blonde with room for cream".

I prefer to man up by making my wife have my coffee ready for me in a to go cup when I get up in the morning.

My only reservation with the PicO is a "clean looking light" and finding an acrylic cover for the filter compartment. If I got the PicO 18x18x16 I'd probably get a Kessil 360

LOVE my kessil. It's smaller than a soda can and the colors from it are awesome :)

I'm gonna go the chauvinist route and say unless she's the primary breadwinner or once saved your life from a bear attack, tell her to can it and move on. After all, there are many millions of other non important, trivial bullshit issues to nag you about later.

You have a lot to learn about women lol.

I drink coffee black, no sugar, no milk, nothing, just coffe. so for me starbucks coffee sucks, it tastes like bitter cardboard, they use water that's too hot and it burns the beans.. I'll take folgers or maxwell house over sbucks every time..

my favorite coffee is caribou coffee.. delicious..

I'm still Noodling on tank size. My favorite spot for it has a max 24" side to side. I can go about 18" Deep (front to back), so with a 4" filter area that will leave me with a 14" deep display. What I can't decide on is the height.

I know you lose a lot of water volume with a shallow tank but I sure love the looks.

As a previously experienced reefer just trying to get back into the hobby, have you perhaps thought about doing a 10/20 gallon tank with a badfish reef AIO? That would be more tailored to what your wife is looking for in regards to being more quiet and you can still do it in a budget! B)

Archived