inTank Media Baskets

RO and hard water

81Shaun

jedimasterben

Yes, the Aquatec 8800 is the correct pump for a 75 GPD system, you will burn up a 6800 as it cannot keep up under pressure. The 8800 is rated to around 125 GPD, 150 is pushing it.

That is the output of my system with 90PSI input - I have a standard Spectrapure Maxcap system with a standard 90GPD membrane.

You'll need the 8800, not the 6800. The 6800 is for very low output RO units (in the 30GPD range). My unit is around 150GPD with the booster pump.

Yes, the Aquatec 8800 is the correct pump for a 75 GPD system, you will burn up a 6800 as it cannot keep up under pressure. The 8800 is rated to around 125 GPD, 150 is pushing it.

thanks alot guys.

lol its me again ole pesty but i was wondering would one of those portable rv water softener work with the RO? just was looking and found them. looks like you could plumb right in to a RO system. so would this work? there around 200 but it be affordable also. I guess you just charge them using table salt and suppose to produce around 1000 gallons so is it worth a shot?thanks

No. the cost wold far exceed the benefits. A new RO membrane in 3-5 years is around $40 so you could replace it several times over a 10-20 year period for what the little softener costs initially. Also I know that softener will not treat 1000 gallons of water on one recharge of salt at 400-500 TDS or hard water. A full size softener is only $350 at Sears and would do your whole house.

Hey, thanks AZ you have been such great help and cannot think you enough. well I email pete at aqua fx and he told me I didnt need to mess with anything its factory set and all I would need is 40 psi or more. he said that the warranty using soft water is going to be changed. so I wonder what ratio that would be? im going to email him back and see what ratio that would be. just purchased a spectrapure unit though max pure seams pretty nice

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...