SaltCritters.com

Are we Friends?

inTank

The clownfish has chin balls. Or gill balls.

That made me lol for real

The state of Louisiana is on there too. I won't be buying that shirt.

Texas sux

inLove and pics of non shaved clownfish carpet

Oh baby :naughtydance:

Wait..... :unsure:

I get the sense that a lot of the members are kind of superficial, old, conservative, boring. R2R has a reputation for people paying stupid prices for LE stuff... kind of explains the superficial part. Most of the members' tanks are loaded with overpriced, trendy corals; tanks without the latest and greatest pale in popularity compared to the ones with money thrown in them. There's always a fight about one palythoa looking so much like another. A lot of them automatically assume the higher priced coral is better which, again, sparks arguments and causes a lot of fanboying over the hyped up, super expensive vendors. The people are nice though, don't get me wrong. Just not as diverse as here and definitely not as fun. Good coral sales and vendors there though so they've got that going for them.

I get the sense that a lot of the members are kind of superficial, old, conservative, boring. R2R has a reputation for people paying stupid prices for LE stuff... kind of explains the superficial part. Most of the members' tanks are loaded with overpriced, trendy corals; tanks without the latest and greatest pale in popularity compared to the ones with money thrown in them. There's always a fight about one palythoa looking so much like another. A lot of them automatically assume the higher priced coral is better which, again, sparks arguments and causes a lot of fanboying over the hyped up, super expensive vendors. The people are nice though, don't get me wrong. Just not as diverse as here and definitely not as fun. Good coral sales and vendors there though so they've got that going for them.

To elaborate on points made here, most of the "best" tanks they have are basically frag grow out tanks. 80% are tanks of people that buy one of those super LE chalices(THAT ALL LOOK THE ####ING SAME WITH MINESCULE DIFFERENCES IN THE AMOUNT OF YELLOW OR SWIRLING) but the frag is the size of a freaking booger for $900 and they only really keep it till it grows two eyes, they frag and get rid of it. They always have them for sale and my train of thought is that the LE Devils Flaming Diarrhea looks exactly the same as stuff I can get wholesale for $75 for a whole colony not a booger sized piece. Don't get me wrong I've met several extremely nice people over there but that's because I rarely venture outside of my threads. When someone sparks an argument about a polyp that's worth $300 and someone's like "lol I got the exact same thing from my wholesale buddy for like $35" it turns into an all out war with people asking for pictures and even the smallest freaking difference(due to camera quality usually IMO) that person get berated with comments and it's all cool because the people who do the flaming have been there for a while and aren't only drinking the koolaid they're making it.

Sometimes it feels like a cult which is why I really only post pictures over there and occasionally if I find someone that's not crazy I'll buy stuff.

A lot of the vendors are awesome though. Will @ AquaSD is always willing to haggle and has some pretty sweet stuff. Not too overpriced if you buy during a live sale.

Archived