SaltCritters.com

BRB, in the desert. Tank is still up.

Red_Blenny

Wow that's a nice tank also.... From the min I saw a riccordia I said yes I want a tank full of them.. Do you target feed?

I do, at least once every 2-3 weeks. I use Fauna Marine LPS pellets. Of course, there's people out there who use regular fish pellets with sucess.

Very cool tank, love me some rics.

Thanks. Luckily, you live in Fl so rics are pretty common out there huh?

I do, at least once every 2-3 weeks. I use Fauna Marine LPS pellets. Of course, there's people out there who use regular fish pellets with sucess.

Thanks. Luckily, you live in Fl so rics are pretty common out there huh?

Thank you

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I want a ric garden so bad but they seem to shrink and die on me. Why do these things happen!!!

Such a nice variety you have!!!

Red_Blenny

I want a ric garden so bad but they seem to shrink and die on me. Why do these things happen!!!

Such a nice variety you have!!!

Thanks!

Still, you can always try again, light acclimation is probably key for them.

Here's a quick phone pic of my garden now that the aquascaping settled down (for now):

18220023325_3f082a172d_k.jpg

18221192701_9221a42cc8_k.jpg

• Like 2

So drooling over here all over my coffee!!!!!

How about you send me a few since you have so many and I will try out the acclimation you speak of :)

Red_Blenny

So drooling over here all over my coffee!!!!!

How about you send me a few since you have so many and I will try out the acclimation you speak of :)

Lol, it's pretty hard to let go some of my collection. My GF told me to sell some and I asked her "which one" she stared at my tank for a long time and eventually said "never mind, just keep them all".

Nice collection! I just started my collection of shroom.

Thanks. I hope you post pics of your shroom collection.

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...

Update: Still alive, just discovered a new hobby: hiking. Since late May, I've been hiking my local SoCal mountains. Thanks to hiking, I now appreciate summer than ever. Normally, I hate summer but wow, the mountains are so alive during this time. I did a recent hike before the El Nino storm came:

24192449276_2ebdcb9464_z.jpg

As for my tank, I re-aquascaped (again). Moved some floridas around and babying some discosomas (they keep letting go due to flow). Here's some quick pics I took last night:

23922927460_785075b9be_z.jpg

I like how one of the floridas tries to blend in with my Pink Elephant palys

23591656173_3440899b87_z.jpg

GF's favorite mushroom with TSB in background.

Will eventually take more pics of my tank.

• Like 4
  • 4 months later...
Red_Blenny

Tanks looks great! Any updates?

All my fishes died 4 weeks ago. My TSB died and then my neon goby started to look for him instead of eating. Neon eventually died and then my Pink Streak Wrasse realized he was the only fish in the tank... past away a week later. RIP :(:tears:

Though, ever since I've been fishelss, some of my zoas and mushrooms are starting to take off... go figure <_<

I'm also moving some corals around; some rics, discosomas, rhodactis, and zoas are fighting with each other (and my fungia, once awhile likes to find a mushroom and sting/melt the crap out of it), so I decided to segregate my tank by species.

Also, did you know LA has some incredible views of the wilderness?

26629500323_8ae95ea6d0_k.jpg

Nano sapiens

All my fishes died 4 weeks ago.

Sorry to hear about that. Strange that they would all die within a short time.

Also, did you know LA has some incredible views of the wilderness?

26629500323_8ae95ea6d0_k.jpg

Looks like Las Padres National Forest. I know all the windy roads up there due to Sunday excursions when I was a wee little lad :)

Red_Blenny

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Ever find out why everyone started dying?

Nope. All my fishes were eating like pigs the day before my blenny died. For my TSB, It was either: (1) Overate itself to death, (2) Got spooked and jumped, but I never found the body, (3) Got spooked and ended up in the mp10, (4) Old age, or (5) Mysterious disease/parasite.

For my Neon & Wrasse, it was probably due to depression when my TSB disappeared.

Sorry to hear about that. Strange that they would all die within a short time.

Yea, it sucks but if it's a disease I don't know about, I should leave the tank fallow for a few months just in case if I want another fish... though, I can always adopt those squat crabs I see at my LFS; I feel bad for them, they're always in a small and dark tank at the corner of the shop.

Looks like Las Padres National Forest. I know all the windy roads up there due to Sunday excursions when I was a wee little lad :)

Close. It's the Los Angeles National Forest. This pic was taken on Mt. Waterman facing towards the west and it's not too green, probably due to the 2009 Station Fire.

I showed this pic to another friend of mine and he also thought it was Las Padres too. I haven't been yet and I'm hoping I'll have a chance to go this summer.

Red_Blenny

Sorry to hear about the fish, but your rics looks super nice. Always makes me super jelly :P

Thanks! Some of the rics, though, are doing effy because my fishes made it hard to feed them... Plus, any green R. floridas just don't like my tank :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

I took some pics, though I forgot to take an updated FTS though. I'm currently moving some corals around so excuse the slight mess

27220149784_fb5afea342_z.jpg

27832184385_f6c12ca6c4_z.jpg

27220102234_00e37f0490_z.jpg

One of my favorite shroom, it's about ~4" wide and I'm hoping it'll split soon :wub:

27220355673_6f2798d1f5_z.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Red_Blenny changed the title to BRB, in the desert. Tank is still up.