Top Shelf Aquatics

Cobalt Aquatics NeoTherm Heater 100w

SouthFlorida_Tron

Time to get a WiFi thermostat. Just don't turn it down that low when you are out of town, say keep it at 64°. Unless you have a trough heater aquarium heaters can't warm that much water past ambient.

Hmm.. I have a apex Jr on my 70ish volumn tank with a Jager 300W which hold temps fine but I guess the problem is the neo-therm only goes to 200w :( I would have to use more than one I guess in winter to be safe. :bling:

My Jager however was not at all accurate without the apex (kept getting too warm in summer, ect. Even when I only tried using a 100w) so trying to avoid using one on this new tank.

Im in a large apartment and electric heat is so expensive.

You would have to know how low the APT gets when you turn the heat down before you made a final judgement if you did want the neotherm. I would imagine it's not too low if your around a lot of other units. When I had a 2nd floor apt i rarely used the heat, neighbor below me was keeping me nice and toasty.

I've been looking at the Neotherms, but I don't know what size to get. I have ~40 gallons and we keep the house no colder than 68 so ~10 degree temp difference is all that's required

On dr foster and smith they have a chart for gallons/watts and if your worried just dial up the heater a little more and it should counter the colder outside temps

They don't work like that. The thermostat is just a switch. Turning it up just allows the water to get hotter, but won't put any more power into the heater.

I have a 200W NeoTherm in my sump. My total system volume is @85 gallons, so according to the charts, that's undersized the volume, so I'd ordered a second one. So far, I haven't even needed to add the second one and the temps are being maintained just fine.

I have a toddler in the house, so we keep the thermostat at 68, and the tank is at 78.

My 200 struggles to keep up. We keep it pretty cold in the house because heat is a scam. Probably not the heaters fault. On normal days when it is in the 30's outside it maintains the display temp but when it drops to single digits I have to toss a 50 in the display.

Thx SouthFlorida_Tron! I've been comtemplating for weeks replacing my Hydor Theo, which is wildly inconsistent, with the Cobalt Neotherm 50w and your post just sold me. Ordered from DFS for $49 and change on sale.

I have a 200 in my 75 and a 150 in my 60. Both hold temp fine at 78 and the house is generally 68, maybe 70 degrees as most. I plan to run one in my ada 30c as well. Best heaters I've ever owned.

Archived