Coral Vue Hydros

Best Heater?

awpong

I appreciate everyone's concern about a 200W heater being too much for my tank, but I plan on having my RKL monitor my temperature regardless. I want a reliable heater to begin with, but I do have safety measures in place to make sure that I will not cook my fish.

Furthermore, I'm not new to this hobby. I'm perfectly aware of how much power is needed to heat a tank of this size, especially in my house.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw in another vote for the Cobalt Neo. Stability within half a degree is normal based on the numbers I'm seeing on my Apex.

Currently, what are the best heaters on the market? I'm looking for something that WON'T explode, and something that has an ACCURATE temperature gauge.

Thoughts?

Got a tank thread yet? welcome back to N-R. You're tank was an inspiration to me when I first got back in the hobby. :P

Jagar's have been going strong for me for several years now (no explosions) but the temp flux's a bit.

Got a tank thread yet? welcome back to N-R. You're tank was an inspiration to me when I first got back in the hobby. :P

Jagar's have been going strong for me for several years now (no explosions) but the temp flux's a bit.

No, unfortunately I haven't set up a new tank thread yet.

I ordered my new tank over two weeks ago (12/23/2013) and it still hasn't shipped yet. I don't know why, and it's starting to piss me off. The website still says "processing" even though my bank statement says that the charge went through on the 23rd.

I've got all of the equipment though... except for the tank... just sitting in my house.

And for the record, I went with the neotherm. I haven't opened it yet, but I hope it lives up to everyone's recommendations.

Always run two smaller heaters instead of one big heater. Heater failures happen and more than not they get stuck on rather than off. I'd go with Jagers.

The RKL will definitely add some redundancy. Not to thread jack, don't they make independant heater controllers for people not running a full controller?

I just did a quick search after that. I hear for the most they're bull$hit though. Probably not worth it when you can buy RKL lite for cheap.

Archived