ReefCleaners.org

Starr's noob pico

starrlamia

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got some new life spectrum small fishy food (thanks Gena!) and some pura filter junk that I wanted to try. Also got some purple up but only because it was onsale for $3 haha. Making some water right now to get some sw brewing for my corals comin tomorrow :D Havent gotten shipping confirmation yet but hopefully soon!

Now just hoping my cold goes away and my lab class tomorrow goes quickly!

My babies are here! All settled in the tank now :D Mr. Anemone (I decided it was a boy for some reason) has attitude already haha, he was all nice and open when I took him out of the box and decided to squish up while acclimating, he attached his foot to the side of the plastic bag, we had some words and he went into the tank. I put him in the sandbed and he has moved up onto a rock now. Zoas look good as well. The place I purchased from are awesome, they even called me (long distance) to see how my corals were doing! Long and hilarious story but I went to cut the end off one of the frag plugs and the frag went flying and landed behind the bookcase... my friend had to help me move the bookcase with tank on it to get the poor frag lol, they dont seem to be to upset about it, they are a bit opened up with just ambient lighting.

Not so great pic as lights were off, mr. thang moved a bit up the rock so he is no longer all sideways.

IMG_20140225_190803_zpsccfjipo9.jpg

i think he will be gorgeous once he settles in under the LEDs! He is a decent size, I'm very excited to have him in there, thanks Gena :)

he moved up the rock again into a little crook in the rock, and he's all flat now :) lights come on (dimmed) any minute now so we'll see where he goes. I already love this little guy!

everything is open and looking great! What a difference from my last shipment! Also, my bf is giving me money for my birthday to buy more corals, plus he loves the tank so much we both agreed to put in $10 a month toward corals. Yay!

Now to decide what to buy... I was looking at this yuma, how pretty is it?

http://www.canadacorals.com/collections/livestock/products/yuma-mushroom-wysiwyg-2

or this one

http://www.canadacorals.com/collections/livestock/products/yuma-mushroom-wysiwyg-6

well since I have the patience of a gnat, I decide to see what would happen if I gave my anemone 1 piece of fish food (that stuff is freakin tiny) and he ate it! COOLEST THING EVER. It was seriously really cool. He's a happy little guy, Im so excited!

I havent decided on anything yet haha, still lookin around and trying to figure out exactly what I want!

my anemone pooped today. That is all.

Oh!!!! Go for the yellow ricordea!!!! First one you posted. Also, blastos are wonderful. I would like to get more of those myself. And of the yumas, I would choose #2. Yumas can be very sensitive to lighting. High lighting will make them melt unless you acclimate them properly. If you do get a yuma, be most certain to put it in a shady-ish spot when you first get it :).

I like the yellow ric too! Yellow is one colour I dont really have yet in the tank.

Thanks for the yuma tip, I'm trying to figure out where I'll put all these guys I guess that will be the biggest deciding factor between the blasto and the duncan, I am leaning toward the duncan tbh just because it will give some nice movement in the tank since most of the corals I have aren't big movers. But the blastos are so pretty... Ahh.. haha

been sick for the past week and not much has been going on. Today my nem moved to the ledge above where he was before, not sure what he's doin up there! Everything is going well though :)

my nem is a jerk lol, he moved again, this time over to sit on a zoa frag, seriously dude my tank is almost bare so you sat on them? Bugger, lol, I moved the frag down because I was afraid he would knock it all over, I'm afraid to try and remove him because I dont want to hurt his foot.

Gena any experience with them moving so much? lol I did do a water change and tank maintenance today but everything is the same (and looks good) aside from that.

his butt is now more firmly planted in the middle of those zoas, i hope he moves and some of them survive.

he moved back to his original spot which just happened to be on top of some other zoas, thankfully his foot was on a rock. both frags look a bit miffed but survived.

Hah...glad he moved back. I have two on the move today. The one was getting too crowded by macroalgae...I don't blame it for moving. The other has no excuse :). Now to see where they end up!

it's kinda fun to watch them move around, I just wish it didn't involve squashing zoas haha! Good luck with yours ;)

it's kinda fun to watch them move around, I just wish it didn't involve squashing zoas haha! Good luck with yours ;)

My giant white one that was not visible at the very back is now up front between two other big ones. I can't wait to move these guys to a bigger tank :).

he's been moving around again, not sure why. He is currently flat on the sandbed and at night buries himself in the sand, not sure what his dealio is! Everything else is pretty much same, except for my bambam frag which hasn't opened in a few days. checked params and alk is a bit low (7dkh) and mag is a bit high (1500) but everything else is good. So we'll see what happens.

Archived