Innovative Marine Aquariums

Starr's noob pico

starrlamia

i turned my light down to about 75% but i'll try moving them down to the substrate. Some seem to have algae or something on them. was thinking of dipping them again

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tank maintenance day! I did a major clean up of the tank, removed the rocks and spot treated for GHA as well as scrubbing as much algae off as I could. I also wiped down all of the glass and blew off diatoms from the substrate. Zoas got a dip and scape got a redo. Had more dead zoas, and I may have accidentally decapitated one oops... Tank looks a lot better now and several of the zoa frags also look happier, hopefully they will open up soon!

IMG_20140213_135402_zpstn8el5z9.jpg

cell phone pics are good at hiding it haha! There is still some but I'm totally amazed at what a tooth brush can do!

Yep...I have a dedicated toothbrush for my reef :D.

one of my orange zoas is open! and another looks like it will! I dont know what kind they are... they dont look like what I had originally ordered but yay live zoas!

hmmm so tempting!

Just do it :). They seem to be indestructible. You won't regret the purchase. They are gorgeous and really add a lot to the beauty of a tank.

My fish have been safe with them thus far. I saw a large pod get stuck to a flower and even he was able to wriggle away from it.

Do it :flower:.

now I have decisions to make! This is hard

1- I can get that nem plus these 2 frags

http://www.canadacorals.com/collections/livestock/products/hot-pink-green-mouth-zoanthids

http://www.canadacorals.com/collections/livestock/products/orange-bam-bam-zoanthids

2- I can get 6-10 frags from this place, mostly zoas, maybe a blasto

http://www.fragcave.com/zoas-and-palys/

Which one to pick? Help me out here! oh and that nem is about 3.5cm (that's about 1.5" for you Americans :P )

i caved and got the anemone and 2 zoa frags lol

any food recommendations Gena?

Oh yeah!!!! :happydance:

They most likely won't eat right away, least mine didn't. Took them a while to settle in. Now they just capture the food I feed the fish. Pellets, frozen cyclopeeze. I broadcast feed selcon, phyto, and oyster feast. My flowers are growing nicely.

I'm so glad you went for it. When do they arrive?

thanks! I'll have to pick up a few things to feed em all I have is phyto.

They should be here tuesday yay! Is it ok to dip anemones? I have coralrx

thanks! I'll have to pick up a few things to feed em all I have is phyto.

They should be here tuesday yay! Is it ok to dip anemones? I have coralrx

I've never dipped them nor researched that. I don't think it's necessary. Typically they come in not attached to anything so you don't have to worrry about any HH.

awesome, thanks so much for all of your help! I'm really excited to get such a beautiful coral!

Also, super orange zoas which are super awesome looking.

Side note: my orange skirted/mouthed zoas are all opening! yay!

gena do you think I could feed freeze dried foods? gonna cost an arm and a leg to ship frozen to me (stupid living in a city with shitty stores!)

gena do you think I could feed freeze dried foods? gonna cost an arm and a leg to ship frozen to me (stupid living in a city with shitty stores!)

I don't see why not. Maybe soak it for a bit before feeding, to soften it up. Mine eat New Life Spectrum small fish pellets like it's going out of style :D.

Archived