Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

live bottle

Ivery

I think I'm going to give this a shot. I have a bunch of cool looking empty bourbon bottles (ummm, from my other hobby).

My only slight concern is that if a crab or whatever get's inside the bottle it may not be able to get out. Maybe a little silicone dribbled inside with some sand would fix that. Heck, I bet you could take some coraline encrusted bottles to a craft show and sell them for a nice little profit.

Is it just me, or do these just look like a frag stuck to a bottle.

I think they would look much cooler if he maricultured them. Just take a boatload out off the coast a ways, drop them off come back in a couple years to harvest them.

Maybe its just me being negative.

How old does this bottle look? It is only a couple of years old, I built it to look like that. I like to sandpaper the bottle to give it some age as bottles under the sea are never clear after being chewed up by the sand. Then I put it in a bag and hit it with a hammar to break it. Then I glue most of it back together and after it dries, round off the cut edges with a dremmel. Then I smear some cement on it and blob some on also. Thats it.

There are about 10 of these in my tank, some I collected, the rest I built.

Redalgae017.jpg

• 6 months later...

Archived