Innovative Marine Aquariums

tONe2's Fluval Spec V

tONe2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So I think I finally have the lights set up the way I want them. 2 Panorama Pros with the Ecoxotic 1 touch control. I normally go for a DIY option but I'm a little short on time right now because of work so I wanted something that was ready to go. I made a temporary mount for them for now, I'll eventually do basically the same thing, but without the extra holes and with the bolts actually sitting flush with the top of the rail.

This is what it looks like right now

Light_zpsa7984583.jpg

The controller is super simple to use, but as I'm sure a lot of you already know you are locked into the programs that are preloaded into the unit. Not that big of a deal for me because the 9am-7pm fade in and out followed by a 7pm-10 slowly dimming moonlight setting is about what I run anyway.

Controller_zpse96662ab.jpg

Wow how you liking the light

So far so good, It's what I was looking for right now simple, easy, and powerful enough. I have a DIY fixture that I made a while back but I figured 24 3-watt Crees on a big heatsink would be overkill in this application lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Acro is looking great. Is that a bonsai or just green polyps?

When I got it I wasn't sure because it was brown, but now that it's coloring up I think it may be a bonsai. I tried to resist putting sps in this tank, but it was a really good deal...and I still had all my dosing pumps/mp10/whatever from my old setup collecting dust...I couldn't help myself.

My blenny decided to commit suicide today. Death by MP10 from the looks of things. He had already gotten whacked on the tail by it once so you would think he would stay away from it.

Omg thats so sad very sorry about it... I know this sounds kind of morbid but uhm was he in three or four peaces or did your tank turn to soup

Omg thats so sad very sorry about it... I know this sounds kind of morbid but uhm was he in three or four peaces or did your tank turn to soup

He was actually bent around the front grill of the MP10. Waving around a bit. MP10 impeller is blunt force trauma, it won't really cut anything up...except anemones and stuff like that.

Yeah, I might just get a single clown or something like that because this tank seems to be cursed as far as blennies go...just sucks because blennies are awesome.

There is something about misbars i find so appealing maybe its the smooth deep orange colour

I've always liked misbars too. Unique but not designer clown priced.

• 4 weeks later...

The acro that I got a month or so ago is doing great so I picked up another small acro today. I'll post some picks tomorrow when it's not just the blue lights on.

Can we get a fts with those picks

I just did a water changed and moved a bunch of stuff around, but I'll do a FTS when everything opens up today or tomorrow.

Archived