Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box Mini Series

DaveFason

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long over due. This is my personal unit. The readings will be a tad higher with others due to my Tide being suspended higher than the normal gooseneck and metal arm mounts. As you can see, this will easily support anything you can put in the tank. After running these I truly believe you could max it out on a 18" cube. The bottom corners would be lower but perfect for mushrooms, yumas, etc.

Any questions, PLEASE ask.

14336962005_2220c8b68b_b.jpg

See now why do you have to post stuff like this. This just makes me want to set up a Pico 18 x 18 x 9 even more now.......

What settings are those PAR values @?

I was running Blues at 90% and whites 75%. I tried to make the values on average on what most would run the max. Of course I could max this out at 100% but normal day stuff, this will never happen or be needed.

-Dave

dooooooooooo it.

If I could right now, I would. I have a lot of other things going on though......renovating the house, wife is pregnant, work, etc.

I'm thinking in about a year or so I might be ready to upgrade. By then, I will probably have changed my mind on what I want to do 10 times over. But, if I were to do it right now, I would definitely keep my Mini Tide and put it over a Pico 18x18x9 with an Xaqua In/Out and a DIY sump, RW-8, and a PLS-50.......Oh man, I wish......

I was running Blues at 90% and whites 75%. I tried to make the values on average on what most would run the max. Of course I could max this out at 100% but normal day stuff, this will never happen or be needed.

-Dave

I assume that manufacturer PAR numbers are at max.

You may want to get those numbers just for comparison.

You dont want a noobish prospect thinking, "Ya that Nano Box is only 280 at 24", and SoANdSo's light is 400 at 24", blah bang for a buck blah".

I assume that manufacturer PAR numbers are at max.

You may want to get those numbers just for comparison.

You dont want a noobish prospect thinking, "Ya that Nano Box is only 280 at 24", and SoANdSo's light is 400 at 24", blah bang for a buck blah".

True. Maybe mine or the realist look on this ;)

Thanks for the insight!

-Dave

See now why do you have to post stuff like this. This just makes me want to set up a Pico 18 x 18 x 9 even more now.......

Do it punk.

Do it punk.

Wife would kill me.....u gonna let me crash at your place????

Wait, then I would never see my beautiful new tank....

Wife would kill me.....u gonna let me crash at your place????

Wait, then I would never see my beautiful new tank....

I got a extra room.

Dave - I am trying to get a rough idea of what output I am getting in my tank. Using your numbers above, I am able to roughly do that, but I have one question. What height inside the tank were these measurement taken. Are the low numbers for each region the sandbed and high numbers the water surface?

• 3 weeks later...

Dave - I am trying to get a rough idea of what output I am getting in my tank. Using your numbers above, I am able to roughly do that, but I have one question. What height inside the tank were these measurement taken. Are the low numbers for each region the sandbed and high numbers the water surface?

Dave- I'm curious about this as well.

EDIT: Just read through the Duo thread.

So 90% blues and 75% whites, did you measure 225 PAR at the sand bed and 360PAR at water level near the center? Is this a correct interpretation of the graph?

Dave- I'm curious about this as well.

EDIT: Just read through the Duo thread.

So 90% blues and 75% whites, did you measure 225 PAR at the sand bed and 360PAR at water level near the center? Is this a correct interpretation of the graph?

Yes sir.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing a tide do an 18" cube well makes me wonder of you lift it and increase intensity as needed just what size it could cover. It would be really impressive if a high hanging tide could light a 24x24x12 reasonably. (For example)

Seeing a tide do an 18" cube well makes me wonder of you lift it and increase intensity as needed just what size it could cover. It would be really impressive if a high hanging tide could light a 24x24x12 reasonably. (For example)

The 24" width is what makes it not a reality. I wish I could say yes but simply not enough light.

I have however have had a Mini Tide over a 24"x14"x14" with great success. And to prove it I am documenting each week :)

-Dave

• 3 months later...

Archived