Pod Your Reef

Nano Box Mini Series

DaveFason

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hello Dave,

I ordered my fusion 10 and want to use the nano box mini tide with storm controller.

Do you ship to Belgium and can you provide the right plug?

I really admire your work and can't picture anything else above my tank.

Thx in advance,

Rory

Hello Dave,

I ordered my fusion 10 and want to use the nano box mini tide with storm controller.

Do you ship to Belgium and can you provide the right plug?

I really admire your work and can't picture anything else above my tank.

Thx in advance,

Rory

Rory,

We sure do. PM ahead.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dave...Trying to get the tax refund thing worked out but may have to downgrade a bit so....Would a Tide cover a tank

18 x 9.5 x 10 deep with SPS? Mr Aqua 7.5 gal Bowfront.

Hi Dave...Trying to get the tax refund thing worked out but may have to downgrade a bit so....Would a Tide cover a tank

18 x 9.5 x 10 deep with SPS? Mr Aqua 7.5 gal Bowfront.

Yes sir!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Littleworld

Thanks Dave - here's what I did.

aqNPRym.jpg

"Would it make a better shot if you got your finger in the frame?"

"Hell yeah."

Out of interest - are the fans supposed to be running 24/7?

• 2 weeks later...
outerorbiter

Looking forward to getting my Mini Tide. Hope it will not take long as the only upgrade was 4 channels ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Dave and other users of the Tide/Flare,

I was wondering how loud the unit is while it is running. As of now i use an AI Prime light, and whenever the CW and B levels of the LED is NOT 0 or 100, there is a very annoying buzzing noise that gives me headaches. That's why I am considering returning the AI Prime and getting a Tide/Flare, but my main concern will be the noise level.

Hello Dave and other users of the Tide/Flare,

I was wondering how loud the unit is while it is running. As of now i use an AI Prime light, and whenever the CW and B levels of the LED is NOT 0 or 100, there is a very annoying buzzing noise that gives me headaches. That's why I am considering returning the AI Prime and getting a Tide/Flare, but my main concern will be the noise level.

The Tide's fan is louder than the Prime. No hiding that. But there is NO buzzing from the LEDs/drivers like some Primes have.

-Dave

jedimasterben

Well, technically one COULD make that buzzing noise. The BF Mini's 480Hz PWM output can cause some LDD-H to sound like they're full of bees, but that may have just been a bad batch of drivers, as I don't have the issue anymore after switching them out.

Archived