SaltCritters.com

GQLMAO'S SPS Tank Zoa Update November 2015

gqlmao

Thanks!

Woah, great looking pieces dude!

I am using T-5s with 6 ATI blue plus bulbs and 1 coral plus and 1 purple plus.

Holy shit,that's some nice growth and awesome colors !! What lights are you using again ?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

Wow. You can update this thread once a year and it will still be one of my favorites on this site. 1000 thumbs up man!

I have crazy lull periods where I don't touch it at all... its a bad habit :P.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Brilliant work! Loving the success with the SPS.

Ealier on in the thread you mentioned that you have ceased dosing the KZ food products and are only relying on feeding the fish very well etc. Is this still the case? If so, can you detail what foods you are feeding on a daily basis and how much? Thanks, and keep up the great work.

Happy New Year to you as well. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sahin,

I am very familiar with your previous and current tank on reef central... both great tanks!

I haven't been having much luck with my SPS as of the last 2 months. I haven't changed anything out of the norm and yet I was having RTN and STN from a few of my higher end pieces. I vodka and vinegar dose which is similar to zeovit's N and P removal, except for the bacteria is in the water column and not in the media. As for food I was feeding very heavily (I had lots of fish for the system), pellets and frozen Mysis, when I was feeding fatty frozen foods, I found the colors were better, my skimmer stops skimming for a good 8-10 hours. My nitrate was around 5-10ppm and phosphate I never measured (I don't have algae problems).

As of currently, I have sold off 90 percent of my SPS to a good friend. Right now, the frag tank has been removed and all my zoas and

LPS have been transferred over to the main tank. I plan to keep this tank low maintenance.

Cheers,

Stan

Brilliant work! Loving the success with the SPS.

Ealier on in the thread you mentioned that you have ceased dosing the KZ food products and are only relying on feeding the fish very well etc. Is this still the case? If so, can you detail what foods you are feeding on a daily basis and how much? Thanks, and keep up the great work.

Happy New Year to you as well. :)

• 2 months later...
Christopher Marks

As of currently, I have sold off 90 percent of my SPS to a good friend. Right now, the frag tank has been removed and all my zoas and

LPS have been transferred over to the main tank. I plan to keep this tank low maintenance.

Cheers,

Stan

How's the tank looking these days after the zoa and LPS transition? I'd love to see the transformation!

wow.such.chris

You have some fantastic looking corals in here! Super unique coloration, I've never seen so many yellows before.

Archived