ReefCleaners.org

Venkman's reef: New FTS

DrVENKMAN

That sounds good and is similar to what I do: WC, filter floss and carbon. But like I said, I have only just started. Want to try and do a 4 - 5 gallong WC every week and see where things go. The coral seems happy so far, everything is growing new heads etc. and it is all LPS and soft coral anyway. Do you have any trouble feeding the scooter blenny enough pods? Or does he eat along with the rest?

The Scooter Dragonet started eating Nutramar Ova and Cyclopeeze right away, now it eats small mysids and sometimes small NLS pellets. It was very young when I bought it; the smallest I had ever seen actually. So I assumed it was not very set in its ways yet and it ate whatever the other fish were eating. I worried about it at first but not anymore.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the earth would crash into the sun if you tried to run a tank without a skimmer. Turns out that is not the case. This tank stays clean with a 4-8 gallon water change every two weeks; three if I am esspecially busy. I only run polyfilter and 200 ml of carbon, of which I change out half the volume everytime I do a water change.

I am at 8 months no skimmer - 5 gal. w/c a week on a 16gal- no issues at all. I also run GFO about 1-2 weeks a month and carbon continuously . That's great on your Angel- really like that fish!

I am at 8 months no skimmer - 5 gal. w/c a week on a 16gal- no issues at all. I also run GFO about 1-2 weeks a month and carbon continuously . That's great on your Angel- really like that fish!

The Centropyge Angels are really interesting fish. They are very entertaining to watch. I highly recommend giving one a try.

The Centropyge Angels are really interesting fish. They are very entertaining to watch. I highly recommend giving one a try.

I think I might have to when it's upgrade time. My tank is pretty full but I'd like to keep it going for as long as I can - really enjoying the easy of a 5 gal. w/c and how much impact it can have. The potter is such a great looking fish? post up more pics when you can

Looks really really good. Great scape, great presentation. :)

Thanks Mark.

Its been 5 months since the upgrade and I am ready to upgrade again.

Yeah it looks really really good.

I am so jealous of that stone pillar on the right.

Did you put a PVC pipe through it or something?

Yeah it looks really really good.

I am so jealous of that stone pillar on the right.

Did you put a PVC pipe through it or something?

Thank you.

No PVC. Just a ton of superglue and a little marine epoxy. The weight of pillar is balenced so it stands up on its own with the help of a wide base and little feet that are covered by the sand.

The little Filefish is a surprisingly aggressive eater. It is barely an inch long and has no problem pushing the Midas Blenny and Potters Angel out if the way to grab a pellet. Also has shown no interest in eating coral.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks amazing :)

Thank you!

I've been away from the tank most of the month. I was happy to find that everything didn't turn brown while I was gone.

In the next few months I am going to be moving a considerable distance across the country. I am planning on taking this tank and all its occupants with me... It's going to be interesting move.

Archived