Cultivated Reef

NanoTopia's Micro-Reefs Temperate Pico []

NanoTopia

Mr. Microscope

Awe. Sorry to hear about the equpiment failure and tear down. Hope to see you venture down the cold water path again some day. :flower:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Just one of those things I guess mike. I may start it up again with a 1/10HP chiller if I can find one cheap, but it won't be for a while. Love the tank and I do look forward to getting it up again, better than before :)

Thanks for your support Mike, you rock :)

I fully understand the malfunction of a single unit and wish there was some type of backup. I am wanting to find and make a truly nice cold water system like the one Stu has but those chillers are just too darn expensive.

No one wants to dish out the money for a truly good chiller and that is where the problem is.

The chiller is the heart of these systems, not the lights!

I have about 2 more months before I reopen Micro-Reefs and in that time I am on a search for a truly affordable chiller for the masses.

Hope I succeed as it would really open up this market.

Making the tank is not the issue as I can drop the price of my build, it is truly the darn chiller! uggh!

I fully understand the malfunction of a single unit and wish there was some type of backup. I am wanting to find and make a truly nice cold water system like the one Stu has but those chillers are just too darn expensive.

No one wants to dish out the money for a truly good chiller and that is where the problem is.

The chiller is the heart of these systems, not the lights!

I have about 2 more months before I reopen Micro-Reefs and in that time I am on a search for a truly affordable chiller for the masses.

Hope I succeed as it would really open up this market.

Making the tank is not the issue as I can drop the price of my build, it is truly the darn chiller! uggh!

Agreed Mike, keeping things cold is considerably more expensive than keeping them warm. I wonder if China doesn't have something at a lesser cost.

ebay here I come LOL.

Archived