ReefCleaners.org

I.D. for Red Macro

~LadyBug~

Turf algae. Looks like gelidium but I've only known gelidium to creep on the rocks, not become bushy like that.

Interesting. Thanks!

I dunno. I have a few sprigs popping up near the pipefish/starfish/cucumber cave that look like that. It hasn't grown like that yet. Very similar though.

Does anything eat it?

I dunno. I have a few sprigs popping up near the pipefish/starfish/cucumber cave that look like that. It hasn't grown like that yet. Very similar though.

Does anything eat it?

Not that I've seen. Or my dragons breath for that matter, but there's so much of that they'd have to make a dent before I'd notice :P

• 2 weeks later...

I got a better picture, I did buy it originally and when I did the 'sticks' that make up the structure were grouped together much more loosely. Not to say it couldn't be turf algae, I was just under the impression it was more ornamental.

http://s770.photobucket.com/user/AnnasHope04/media/BE7A8AB4-5658-41CE-8F9B-A055AA73AF81-499-00000070F17C8B50_zps28dfe051.jpg.html'>BE7A8AB4-5658-41CE-8F9B-A055AA73AF81-499

I have some macro in my tank that might be like that. Is it slightly iridescent? If it is then its probably the same as mine. My turbo snail made short work of it in week or so. Left the GHA around it though! :o

I have some macro in my tank that might be like that. Is it slightly iridescent? If it is then its probably the same as mine. My turbo snail made short work of it in week or so. Left the GHA around it though! :o

No, it's very 'matte' looking.

Nothing has bothered it.

Bad snail!

Archived