Top Shelf Aquatics

pricey. thoughts?

GHill762

So I have been lurking on this site and have been a member for quit awile. i have several nanos. 29bio, 8bio, 10g with HOB, 40b with 25g sump, then several larger tanks 90 mixed reef, 100 anemone tank and building a 275 with a 150 sump SPS tank. I have been at this for more years then I would like to admit. So I heard about these blocks and a friend of mine. "the one crazyeyes is talking about with the 300dd. told me about the blocks. So I was setting up the 40b Bare bottom frag tank "which is way overloaded". I got a 8x8x4 and ran about 25lbs of rock in the sump just because I didnt believe the hype right away eather. I now have no rock in the tank just the block in the first chamber. I only run a sock about 2 nights a week. I am growing about 20 Nice SPS, Lots of LPS and 27 different Zoas. I have 0 phos and 0 nitr. I change 5g per week. In other words the blocks work extremly well. The hype is not overstaded. When I finish my 275 I will have 3 of these blocks and the rock will only be for looks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't bad if you buy it dry from BRS. Assuming they have it in stock because they are frequently out of it. And if it is for a small tank make sure you let them know because by default their branches are a few inches thick which would equate to one massive redwood tree in a small tank ha.

Tony

Too late, rock is already in my quarantin tank. But I think it will work still.

On the other hand, thanks for heads up on dry tonga. That will help lower the cost of aquascape for my larger tank in very near future.

20131016_053156_zpsd14e7cc1.jpg

So I have been lurking on this site and have been a member for quit awile. i have several nanos. 29bio, 8bio, 10g with HOB, 40b with 25g sump, then several larger tanks 90 mixed reef, 100 anemone tank and building a 275 with a 150 sump SPS tank. I have been at this for more years then I would like to admit. So I heard about these blocks and a friend of mine. "the one crazyeyes is talking about with the 300dd. told me about the blocks. So I was setting up the 40b Bare bottom frag tank "which is way overloaded". I got a 8x8x4 and ran about 25lbs of rock in the sump just because I didnt believe the hype right away eather. I now have no rock in the tank just the block in the first chamber. I only run a sock about 2 nights a week. I am growing about 20 Nice SPS, Lots of LPS and 27 different Zoas. I have 0 phos and 0 nitr. I change 5g per week. In other words the blocks work extremly well. The hype is not overstaded. When I finish my 275 I will have 3 of these blocks and the rock will only be for looks

wow thats great. Good to hear other real experience about this stuff working well

Too late, rock is already in my quarantin tank. But I think it will work still. On the other hand, thanks for heads up on dry tonga. That will help lower the cost of aquascape for my larger tank in very near future. 20131016_053156_zpsd14e7cc1.jpg

That looks great I love the shape and the rocks are already colored up well too(mine are all white).

wow thats great. Good to hear other real experience about this stuff working well

That looks great I love the shape and the rocks are already colored up well too(mine are all white).

Thanks and those will be seeded with about 15 rics which should arrive today.

Awesome. So it actually works for those who tried it but it won't for those with impregnated doubts and conspiracy theories lol

thanks for the replies. I understand how some might think there is a gimmick with this but there isnt. Its very light. untill you put it in water then its heavy as hell.

Thanks for the replies. I understand how some might think there is a gimmick with this but there isnt. Its very light untill you put it in water then its heavy as hell. There are lost of gimmicks in this hobby "just add this and all your nitrites will disapear" we have seen them all. but this just does the same thing as really really porous. thats it!!!! thats the gimmick. more surface for bacteria. this is not rocket sience jsut basic reef keeping.

Jesus I need to go back to grade school for spelling and grammer. "really really porous rock" "just"

I guess I am to stupid to post on this site. there is no spell checker. :wacko:

Jesus I need to go back to grade school for spelling and grammer. "really really porous rock" "just"

I guess I am to stupid to post on this site. there is no spell checker. :wacko:

this is not rocket sience jsut basic reef keeping.

Don't forget TOO & SCIENCE. You're welcome. :lol:

Archived