inTank Media Baskets

What are these little green guys?

bjbass

I don't know what that is you have on the actual frag piece, it appears to be some type of leather. Either way, they're either going to sting each other, or the galaxea is going to sting it. Paucisepta, Longisepta or astrea would be the species I would think. But there isn't a whole lot of info out there. Most LFS or OFS simply call it Galaxea...

The coral on that frag piece you are talking about is Sinularia. That galaxea popped up on there. I am going to frag that sinularia off and put it somewhere. I will look up those names for more information.

I'd keep the galaxea on the frag rock and remove the leather. Galaxea is very aggressive and it looks to be growing stupid fast.

Looks like pocillipora to me too. It has a skeleton, so it isn't a mushroom or a leather. Galaxea polyps look different to me as well.

Yea if you look at the galaxea skeleton it's not what is growing on the frags. Looks like pocillopora now to me too.

pocisweeper.jpg

Still looks like Pocillopora to me. Above are old images of mine.

Whatever it is, it makes sweepers. I think that disqualifies sps and softies?

Pocillopora have mesenterial filaments, what you might consider"sweepers". Just have to wait for it to grow out to know for sure, but if you're seeing mesenterial filaments make sure the unknown is not next to a coral that it can sting.

I have the exact same coral. It's a Forest Green Galaxea.

Pocillopora have mesenterial filaments, what you might consider"sweepers". Just have to wait for it to grow out to know for sure, but if you're seeing mesenterial filaments make sure the unknown is not next to a coral that it can sting.

These are mesenterial filaments

Untitled.png

and these are galaxea sweepers

7095_2CbkkhWBuz.jpg

I think OP's pic looks more like sweeper tentacles than mesenterial filaments

These are mesenterial filaments

Untitled.png

and these are galaxea sweepers

7095_2CbkkhWBuz.jpg

I think OP's pic looks more like sweeper tentacles than mesenterial filaments

Good point and nice post.

So you're saying in the 2nd image of my Pocillopora those are not sweeper tentacles? The coral in my image is unmistakenably a Pocillopora an sps therefore having sweep tentacles does not disqualify the op's coral as an sps.

So you are out at a bar and still on nano-reef? Just can't get enough of us can you? haha

Guilty as well

Is the last picture the same piece as in the original pictures?

Archived