ReefCleaners.org

Pa'akai

Kauai

9243537409_af01fdb7d6_z.jpg

That is seriously one of the coolest shots which represents nano-reef and its community in a very honest and organic way. IMHO it should be on the Home page of nano-reef...Somebody pm CM.

Awesome shot Kauai....just awesome.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is seriously one of the coolest shots which represents nano-reef and its community in a very honest and organic way. IMHO it should be on the Home page of nano-reef...Somebody pm CM.

Appreciate such a compliment Hype. -_-

Agreed. I'd love to have a full res shot for a wallpaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Years Guys.

Not much tank related news, but I will be getting in some new inhabitants for the tank real soon so I'll have an update for that hopefully within this week or next.

For now I just wanted to upload a couple things I thought you guys would get a few kicks out of.

I forgot I had this shot of the original nano-reef in the sand as well. :happy:

9233054353_c402db2168_z.jpg

I'm pretty sure they actually sell atleast one of these fish in the hobby,

and I thought it was somewhat funny that we actually eat these.

11831078584_49d25dfcdc_z.jpg

11830972573_4f2fa81a15_z.jpg

11830945733_743e27513e_z.jpg

Sorry for the non-tank related pictures.

That wrasse! How does it taste?

The meat is very soft and it's up there in taste.

not sure if it is a wrasse though... it might be one of the maturing stages.

Bass and catfish are common on the plate around here and plenty of people keep them in tanks as well.

Awesome pics, I ninja'd that other beach one off your Flickr last time I was there. :happy:

Bass and catfish are common on the plate around here and plenty of people keep them in tanks as well.

Awesome pics, I ninja'd that other beach one off your Flickr last time I was there. :happy:

Wish we had more places around here for freshwater fishing.

and good one man, is that you who's following me on Flickr? any new updates on your tank? I really dig what you did with the column style.

Wish we had more places around here for freshwater fishing.

and good one man, is that you who's following me on Flickr? any new updates on your tank? I really dig what you did with the column style.

Nah I'm not following anyone on Flickr, another social thing is the last thing I need. Tank is so-so. Algae that I can't do anything about right now, tank is getting far too cold at night, cyano... Not having any income right now is really hurting it.

Nah I'm not following anyone on Flickr, another social thing is the last thing I need. Tank is so-so. Algae that I can't do anything about right now, tank is getting far too cold at night, cyano... Not having any income right now is really hurting it.

100% agree. Nano-Reef is the exception. I used to be really bummed about algae and things like that when I first got started with LR, but eventually I realized that it's actually natural, and of course it might not be good for your tank or sightly, but it happens. hope you get it sorted out. in the mean time though, don't let it kill the magic!

and I can sympathize with you on income... especially after the holidays and the weather, everywhere it's been tough. I've been hoping and praying it picks up for me as well. best wishes to you buddy.

wow that little dude is getting some serious air time.

lol forsure! I was just looking at your thread earlier today man, looks promising! can't wait to see the mame sitting pretty on it.

Wrasse just came to mind, pretty cool that you can catch that though.

I was told it was an early stage of a type of parrot fish. not sure if those two coincide but it'd be cool to find out. forsure.

Nice little build.

-Side Note because I didn't about this build in the initial stages: Don't listen to assholes who tell you that there are more than one fish in the sea. That is the single most non-useful saying to tell someone who just experienced a breakup with someone they truly love. The only people that will tell you that stupid saying are ones that are A) Lonely B )In denial C) Just don't care about your relationship D ) Assholes E) "Childish" adults. The people are usually one or a combination of two or more of those.Tell me this, what fisherman throws back his trophy fish after catching so many small fish? Don't worry, I'll wait. My girlfriend of 2 years recently broke up with me. So I know what's its like to have part of your soul ripped from your body and to have to change to a new way of life after being part of a team with someone for so long. But I didn't give up and we are now back together and stronger. So yeah keep your head up.

Nice little build.

-Side Note because I didn't about this build in the initial stages: Don't listen to assholes who tell you that there are more than one fish in the sea. That is the single most non-useful saying to tell someone who just experienced a breakup with someone they truly love. The only people that will tell you that stupid saying are ones that are A) Lonely B )In denial C) Just don't care about your relationship D ) Assholes E) "Childish" adults. The people are usually one or a combination of two or more of those.Tell me this, what fisherman throws back his trophy fish after catching so many small fish? Don't worry, I'll wait. My girlfriend of 2 years recently broke up with me. So I know what's its like to have part of your soul ripped from your body and to have to change to a new way of life after being part of a team with someone for so long. But I didn't give up and we are now back together and stronger. So yeah keep your head up.

Glad to hear that man, really am. Hope the best for the both of you.

I actually got some awesome advice from a fellow Nano-Reefer on here too, that really set everything in perspective for me. and I agree with you. I personally believe that Love and relationships aren't all about feelings and fate, but more so about choice. If it wasn't for our taking time off, I would still be the asshole I was, so I'm thankful for the wake up call. I'm not sure where I stand really, it's been some time. but I can only focus on the people who are making an effort to be in my life at this present moment. in the end, we're both young and I'm at the moment, the only one fighting. So until there's a mutual effort, the thing that's really beating me up is time away from my little girl. Love always hopes my dude. Thanks for the words, I appreciate it. :)

in the end, we're both young

This right here. If there's one thing that hindsight and general observation has taught me is don't even bother looking for anything serious until you're older and established. Relationships are kind of like careers. You don't know what you actually want until you've been around and experienced many different things. If you try to make the choice too early it's bound for failure. Almost nobody really knows what they want, not until they've matured past the hormone stage and has seen and begun to understand a few things about the world. Truth be told some people never reach that point. Those are the ones you'll learn to stay away from.

This right here. If there's one thing that hindsight and general observation has taught me is don't even bother looking for anything serious until you're older and established. Relationships are kind of like careers. You don't know what you actually want until you've been around and experienced many different things. If you try to make the choice too early it's bound for failure. Almost nobody really knows what they want, not until they've matured past the hormone stage and has seen and begun to understand a few things about the world. Truth be told some people never reach that point. Those are the ones you'll learn to stay away from.

That's not entirely true. It comes down to what you value. I know at least 3 older couples right off the back that met in college and are still married to date; some over 20 years. I am 24 years old and my fiancee is 27. Naturally, of course, she was on a different level than I was. We met in college. After we broke up, I realized how much I had changed and what I had wanted. I realized that my habits strayed from the norm of a 23-24 year old male.

In your statement, "relationships are like careers", is somewhat inaccurate. Careers typically are specified and last long. That would be more of a marriage. A better expression of your statement would be " Relationships are like jobs". Many people rotate out jobs which is a good metaphor for some individuals' relationships. You have to decide if your relation is a career or a job for that matter. With that being said, having too many "jobs" on your relationship resume' isn't always a good thing. It essentially means you have experienced a lot but the problem in most of those relationships may be you.

Glad to hear that man, really am. Hope the best for the both of you.

I actually got some awesome advice from a fellow Nano-Reefer on here too, that really set everything in perspective for me. and I agree with you. I personally believe that Love and relationships aren't all about feelings and fate, but more so about choice. If it wasn't for our taking time off, I would still be the asshole I was, so I'm thankful for the wake up call. I'm not sure where I stand really, it's been some time. but I can only focus on the people who are making an effort to be in my life at this present moment. in the end, we're both young and I'm at the moment, the only one fighting. So until there's a mutual effort, the thing that's really beating me up is time away from my little girl. Love always hopes my dude. Thanks for the words, I appreciate it. :)

No problem,

Archived