SaltCritters.com

Pa'akai

Kauai

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear man, when there's a kid involved it can be really heart breaking for everyone involved. Glad you stuck it out, nice fish. :)

Appreciated. your midas is a damn good looking fish, too if I dont say so myself. looking forward to your progression.

Keep your head up, bro. Kids always make it tough. :(

Nice looking fish.

Thanks man :)

Creative thread :) When you're feeling down I say repeat step one.

What kind of pipes we talking about here? :mellow:

Bear*

I ain't gettin no naked time with you.

B)

Shucks, not that kind of forum huh :lol:

I was going to part out the equipment I was acquiring for the new build, for various reasons.

been a rough couple months, mainly do to the absence of this particular little person. coping with a split and the added involvement of a kid is definitely not something I would wish on anyone. but all sad stories aside, decided that she was one of the main reasons I started with this hobby in the first place.

9261709120_dc24effce2.jpg

Definitely sucks havin to go through all that with a kid involved, definitely can't be easy. Glad to hear your not parting with the tank plans, my son simply loves the fish and I am sure your daughter will as well. Hang in there, it will be well worth it :)

Definitely sucks havin to go through all that with a kid involved, definitely can't be easy. Glad to hear your not parting with the tank plans, my son simply loves the fish and I am sure your daughter will as well. Hang in there, it will be well worth it :)

Thanks man. appreciate that. Congrats on the son! Love that pic. just checked out your thread. good stuff.

should have an update sometime soon... misplaced some things from when I broke this tank down, so in the middle of ordering replacements or finding them...

Happy Holidays everyone!

Thanks man. appreciate that. Congrats on the son! Love that pic. just checked out your thread. good stuff.

should have an update sometime soon... misplaced some things from when I broke this tank down, so in the middle of ordering replacements or finding them...

Happy Holidays everyone!

Thanks man. Gotta love the kids, I've thought about getting out before but I think the 2 yr old would kick my butt if I sold off his fish LOL

Canister. took it off for the picture.

Are you planning on taking the canister out later on (no filtration) once the tank matures and stabilize?

Are you planning on taking the canister out later on (no filtration) once the tank matures and stabilize?

No. I'm sure for a pic0 sized tank and something without fish or something it's completely plausible, but even one fish, in my opinion, can cause a pretty big bio-load.

Yeah that's true. How big is this tank again? I think it's doable if you're able to do big water changes weekly.

this is around 17-18 gallons, what I was told. probably more like 15-16 after everything.

and I'm sure it's do-able, but I don't see much advantages except for having a bitching rimless tank with nothing hanging on it.

I would rather have glass pipes for flow, than the black MP10 though.

this is around 17-18 gallons, what I was told. probably more like 15-16 after everything.

and I'm sure it's do-able, but I don't see much advantages except for having a bitching rimless tank with nothing hanging on it.

I would rather have glass pipes for flow, than the black MP10 though.

Yeah that's true, I mean it's really all for the aesthetic approach to go filterless. So far I see DaleTu's ada60f, my ada mini L going filterless. I think there is this guy who went filterless as well. He's all over on reefbuilders.com, advancedaquarist.com

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/4/aquarium

Ecoreef-one-led-spotlight.jpg

Crazy thing, he does 100% water change for this tank, weekly.

cloudy after water change & new scape.

11501291894_180c10d770_c.jpg

this is actual color and saturation too.

Looks awesome so far love the scape....the halide looks great on this tank.

Looks awesome so far love the scape....the halide looks great on this tank.

Thanks Hype,

I don't know if I ever got back to you, but I appreciate the awesome packing job you did.

and the fixture is great.

Thanks Hype,

I don't know if I ever got back to you, but I appreciate the awesome packing job you did.

and the fixture is great.

Np man glad you like it.

Love the first page revival. I hope everything works out better for you this time around.

Thanx man, really appreciate that! I check in on your thread all the time as well.

Great rebuild, keep up the good work!

Thanx Reevo. Hoping I can purchase some coral and do the best I can with the limitations I got.

Archived