Top Shelf Aquatics

Ventralis Anthias

ReviloM

Breakthecycle2

I've got a trio on hold until I can get my tank in, and up.

On a side note, LA is great with guarantees. I ordered a Hooded Wrasse. It came the next day, I acclimated him for three hours. Woke up the following day and he was dead. I contacted them and with no questions asked, offered me a refund or another one.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did you drip the fish or bag water-transfer method?

1/4 cup addition to bag after temp acclimation. Normally I do 1 cup full addition to bag with other fish but i wanted very slow changes. I acclimated for 1hr 20mins.

I've got a trio on hold until I can get my tank in, and up.

On a side note, LA is great with guarantees. I ordered a Hooded Wrasse. It came the next day, I acclimated him for three hours. Woke up the following day and he was dead. I contacted them and with no questions asked, offered me a refund or another one.

That's why I took this deal because I know LA is reputable and have witness their great customer service first hand.

Bad news: The two didn't make it......smh. The one that I thought wasn't going to make it, didn't. I saw one sitting in the corner of the quarantine not moving; it turned out to be dead. The quarantine tank is 72 degrees, low nitrates and phosphates, and it dimly lit by accent led lights. Plenty of hiding spaces. The tank has been running since i have moved a week ago with water used from the main tank before move with a few pieces of liverock from that tank as well. I guess with these fish, it's a hit or miss. Just one left... I am not giving up though. I will continue until I find a suitable pair for my tank.

is the one doing well? active, eating, etc? unfortunately with shyer, rarer anthias there's a pretty high mortality rate after being acclimated.

She came out but hasn't started eating. I'm not hopeful about that one either.I contacted liveaquaria. They offered to to credit and reship a male. I accepted. So, I am getting a male this time. I will do the acclimation procedure differently this time. It seems like too much time acclimating the fish seems to be stressful. I'm gonna do a thorough research on this fish from the habitat to tank owners who have them so I can provide a well thought conclusion about this fish.

I moved her to the display tank and she came out a lot. None of the other fish bothers her. I was skeptical about her interaction with my 5 in bicolor anthias but no aggression. She isn't dashing back in the rocks either.

iPhone images:
9724309657_079aa60706_c.jpg9724309557_3f277c53c1_c.jpg[/url]

The bicolor:
9724343451_eea7cb960c_c.jpg

She's amazing! Hopefully you can get her to eat soon.

Sorry for the other losses :(

Thanks! Hopefully.

She is stunning!

Thanks!

Well I took a nap earlier and just woke up to take a look. I saw her in the corner by a mushroom perched up. I thought she was dead. So i put my feeding tub in there to poke at her and she moved. So far so good. Just gotta get her to eat. I think I will just temperature acclimate the male and put him in the display. It seems the female is doing a lot better.And the introduction of the male might cause her to start eating. The male arrives Friday.

It's a stunning fish. Do LA offer 14days guarantee on them? I remember not too long ago they didn't.

Yep, they do. The rep scheduled me a male in exchange and refunded the rest back to my paypal. But she did inform me that if the male dies, I will just get a refund and not be sent another one. +1 rep for LA

Another day alive for the girl but sad news occurred as well. My prized Bicolor anthias "Tank", jumped out the tank last night while I was sleep. I was looking for him this morning during feeding time and look behind the tank and saw him on the floor. Now I definitely have to build a net top for my rimless tank but that defeats the purpose of being rimless.

I got an idea, I was going to get thin acrylic rods, then cut them and attach them, and attach netting on the inside.

Net top, a clear net top :)

Can I get those locally from a chain store or will I have to order them online?

She ate!!!! I did a mix of fish eggs, cyclops, and NLS small fish pellets soaked in garlic extract. I used all three to see which would she eat. She ate all 3. My other fish like the variety as well all together so I will just stick to that for now.

#proudmoment

llama roadkill
Go to the users public profile, on the far left, there's a bar that says "topics" then find the topic there in case you want to know how to get there.

And the funny thing is I have done this before...thanks!

The male has been out every since i have placed him in. I was hoping he would run to the female but that's a no go. I fed the tank but he hasn't started eating yet. I will give him a few days of watching the other fish eat and maybe he will come around. Now I will do my weekly maintenance and update my main thread.

Lo

The male has been out every since i have placed him in. I was hoping he would run to the female but that's a no go. I fed the tank but he hasn't started eating yet. I will give him a few days of watching the other fish eat and maybe he will come around. Now I will do my weekly maintenance and update my main thread.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95678355@N03/9735201241/'>9735201241_bba18683e9_c.jpg

Glad you got the male. Nice fish. But you might want to put a link to main thread on a signature. Just so that if you post on your main thread it's just a click away from this thread. GL with the fish.

Archived