Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Current Sea of Love. (retired)

MarieH

Its a slow process on my side but I'm interested, my interest was actually waning a few months ago. Well, some health issues had me down as well but its all good now. :D Your purty tanks perked me up some. Thank you much.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found it online, its a 65g, no sump just a skimmer and a hob filter with carbon and gfo. I figured it could be doable if I keep up with it and don't get lazy, I got a porcelain crab today for my maxi mini. Those rock flowers here are scoring crazy prices and sold out before you have a chance lol. 80 to 110 dollars each!!!! I'll wait until the buzz dies down I think.

I found it online, its a 65g, no sump just a skimmer and a hob filter with carbon and gfo. I figured it could be doable if I keep up with it and don't get lazy, I got a porcelain crab today for my maxi mini. Those rock flowers here are scoring crazy prices and sold out before you have a chance lol. 80 to 110 dollars each!!!! I'll wait until the buzz dies down I think.

Yeah, rock flowers never got the attn before, not even like the maxi minis, so now they're just starting to become more popular, so I do expect prices to go up here too.

Hi pet kingdom. I was using miracle grow potting MIX. ..not soil. POTTING MIX and a one inch top layer of garden sand. You have to plant thickly and all at once using this substrate. I disturbed mine after several months to pull plants and it released a lot of gas. As long as you just trim and never disturb it it works. In future I would go with a planted tank substrate if I were to do it over.

• 5 months later...

Taken today with samsung s4, tiny bubbles, the bubble tip, one inch wide :) waiting and watching, and also Sunny the foxface, (likely moved to a larger tank in a year or so which is currently being planned, clearing space, less junk more sea life) Julio the tailspot blenny and Mac the lawnmower and Brangelina the clownfishes are still with me, as is The Captain, my cleaner shrimp. Still no sump. No sump is planned. I will have one on my new setup however.20150330_113134.jpgtoday. seems to be doing well. Tiny bubbles, the one inch bubble tip is well, pic below.2015%20-%201.jpg4/2015%20-%201.jpg

Marie, what are those lovely pink palys that stand out on the left and the green/purple in the center? My eyes went immediately to them. They're gorgeous. And glad to see ya, hope all is well. Been wondering.

Hi Anette, well I took a break while fighting some algae probs as well, and now got brave enough to start adding more interesting things, some monitpora and a pink birdnest that started as a one inch frag some time before Christmas is now pushing 4 x 4 inches and seems well. Big knock on wood. I laso sem to be drawn to bigger tanks these days. I have dreams of a yellow and bristletooth and a kole tang with big softie corals swaying ever so gently in the current. I have pelenty of space for a 6 foot tank. Its just deciding my future here to stay or go that is the question. (after retirement).

The thing in the middle is an unidentified acan, I think. It ha big fleshy circles. I think is from the Philippines.

Archived