Innovative Marine Aquariums

Review: Foster & Smith Select Nano Live Rock (Liveaquaria)

magicstix

Maybe they did send me the wrong rocks and that's why I got a refund? Who knows... I don't know how you mess up rock though. This stuff looks bad even for "standard" Fiji rock. At least there were 3 pieces that weren't balls or I'd have had no chance of getting together any kind of aquascape...

Sadly you only get one chance to make a first impression. I won't trust them again with rocks, but I'll at least give them a chance with fish and corals.

Well.. they tend to refund almost anything. I had lights stolen off my porch and I told them and they send me out new ones at no charge.

I have been really happy with everything I have ordered there but never ordered rock :) Lots of dry goods..and lots of fish and inverts and some corals. Most of their corals are kinda pricey but sometimes I add one to get me over the free shipping hump.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly the rocks in the pictures don't look that great either. especially if they cherry picked the best ones for the photos.

Idk.. after looking at those softballs.. that picture of rock looks amazing lol!!!

Well.. they tend to refund almost anything. I had lights stolen off my porch and I told them and they send me out new ones at no charge.

How did you manage to word this so you didnt sound like you were trying to scam them? lol I feel like almost any company that I would say this to would tell me to GFM and think it was a variation of "the dog ate my homework" lol :lol:

How did you manage to word this so you didnt sound like you were trying to scam them? lol I feel like almost any company that I would say this to would tell me to GFM and think it was a variation of "the dog ate my homework" lol :lol:

I just told them the package never arrived. That tracking info said it did but I never got it. They asked me to check with my neighbors and after I told them the neighbors didn't see it. They send me out a new one.

That was my 1st order with them.. after that, they get most of my business.

They have never asked for a pic of the fish that died I got from them.. soooo... yaaa. I'm sure some people are less than honest.

Amazon is the same way mostly.. don't ask for proof, just replace items.

Big companys with amazing customer service like this prob get so much business that the $ loss is worth it.

That is terrible "live" rock. I'm glad the refunded you. I've never had that kind of problem with stuff from Live Aquaria. My experiences have been good for the most part. One time I won a contest online and they shipped me a coral (some really cool WYSIWYG BRIGHT blue zoanthids) and the first one arrived in really bad condition (to be fair, it was really hot and FedEx doesn't deliver to my house until later afternoon) so I contacted them and they sent me anther one (even though the first one was free to begin with). The second one arrived in great condition. I also at one time ordered a few different fish and one (a yellow clown goby) went out of stock after I ordered. They worked a shipping time out with me and shipped it at no extra charge about a week after the first fish arrived. So, they do have great customer service and are more than willing to work with you. I would like to think that this was a mistake (though a bad one) and that they just sent you the wrong thing.

it looks like they made balls out of concrete...

That's exactly what went through my head.

I'm not even sure if I'd use that stuff to line a flower garden.

I'm trying out the Live rock from KP Aquatics late Oct, early Nov, heard wonderful reviews from users on NR. Sorry to hear yours was a bad experience.

Archived