Top Shelf Aquatics

Testing the new Olympus

Reefer_Buddha

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefer_Buddha

not long at all. I found they like indirect light and even do better in slighty shaded areas. They go super fast in good water conditions.

i've had mine about a month or so and they don't want to seem to open up very much. My params are good so maybe i'll try moving them to a shadier place. right now they are in direct light

Reefer_Buddha

if you look at the pic i did of candy cane i have a striped one right under it. It go so big after that its almost growing itself right off the rock :P

matt the fiddler

wow. very inspiring. i have the cannon powershot S400 and wish i had a bigger lens now for the macros....... i am jealous :)

have you tried turning the current off while shooting? that would have removed the blurs to some degree on the clown pic.

i am assuming you are using a tripod?

is that frogspawn in the first pic purple? how long have you had it? at aquatic gallery yesterday they had these lavender colored frogspawns, something i've never seen. similar to yours but more purple. i was tempted, but they said they just came in that day on some llive rock.

Reefer_Buddha

ya this frogspawn is the weirdest species ive seen. Its not green like most frogspawn. It grows really slow and its more of a turquoise/purple. It had a lot of algae on it so it hasnt grown much but i got some emerald crabs to clean up this nasty bubble algae and its lookin better.

Reefer_Buddha

matt, ya i didnt turn off the pumps, didnt even think about it since i didnt see a lot of junk floating around. Ill have to shut em off next time i shoot more pics. No tripod btw either.

John thanks :) You dont know the ordeal i had to go through with my old camera. It was probably less than 1 megapixel.

Archived