Top Shelf Aquatics

The Rivendell 175G let's the journey begin...

MasterMind9

MasterMind9
Very cool. There are a few of us here on NR that have success with the system. Feel free to ask questions when you are setting it up. Make sure to go slow.

So you will be running zeolites, zeobak, zeostart3, and sponge power? I wouldn't bother buying zeofood IMO.

Some people in my club say go with zeolite only to get bacteria solid system from them is enough but some say have to use all four together, what do you say bro?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people in my club say go with zeolite only to get bacteria solid system from them is enough but some say have to use all four together, what do you say bro?

I think using zeoliths in reactor, zeobak, zeostart, and sponge power together will give the best results. I also use CV, FWS, amino acids, CB, and phol's extra and my corals have responded well most of them and not at all to others.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I spoke to the zeo rep and he best described that one can start with the basic four to establish the system first then one by one add other additives to see which will benefit the corals

MasterMind9

Most impressive, I'm joining this fellowship!

Welcome bro :D

I think using zeoliths in reactor, zeobak, zeostart, and sponge power together will give the best results. I also use CV, FWS, amino acids, CB, and phol's extra and my corals have responded well most of them and not at all to others.

Ok I'll follow that. ;)

I spoke to the zeo rep and he best described that one can start with the basic four to establish the system first then one by one add other additives to see which will benefit the corals

Now my tank still not in low condition yet, both nitrate and phosphate so apply the basic four will help me to shorten the time of the low nutrient process? Cos I set up with dead rock and what I do now is only do water change,wet skimmer and add bacteria only, not I a rush mode but if basic four can reduce my time I don't mind to apply it to the tank earlier from the previous plan.

post-11695-0-37532200-1364049129_thumb.j

:welcome: Back

Nice tank, but even BETTER =^..^=

Is that a Scottish Fold?!? Ive been on the lookout for one of those folded ear cuties myself!

MasterMind9

:welcome: Back

Nice tank, but even BETTER =^..^=

Is that a Scottish Fold?!? Ive been on the lookout for one of those folded ear cuties myself!

Thanks man :D

Yes he is Scottish fold, I suggest you to have one, he is the cutest cat I ever have ,always bake me to scratch all the time. :lol:

Thanks man :D

Yes he is Scottish fold, I suggest you to have one, he is the cutest cat I ever have ,always bake me to scratch all the time. :lol:

Looks like a cuddly teddy bear, i must get one ASAP! Keep the =^..^= pictures coming :)

MasterMind9

Very nice build so far. Love the stand

Thanks man :)

This is going to be a one awesome SPS tank.

I wish I could too, I'm still so young for SPS world :P

MasterMind9

Looks like a cuddly teddy bear, i must get one ASAP! Keep the =^..^= pictures coming :)

Yes he does look like a teddy bear, you can lift him up and put him down to other place , he won't move a muscle and stay in the same position so that make him look like a doll more than a cat for me lol :lol:

Thanks man :)

I wish I could too, I'm still so young for SPS world :P

Don't worry about it. SPS keeping is a journey full of ups and downs. They're the reason why I'm soo addicted to this hobby.

MasterMind9

Don't worry about it. SPS keeping is a journey full of ups and downs. They're the reason why I'm soo addicted to this hobby

Hopefully I'll stay in the up side more than down side lol :lol:

MasterMind9

I'm so passionate with this fish since i saw him first time at LFS when I just a newbie aquarist, fully one year past and now I already own one :D . My precious 3 inches borbonius !!!

post-11695-0-31726500-1375519309_thumb.j

Beautiful borbonius you got there. I was passionate about anthias (and wrasses) when I started off but I realize they're too big for my tank.

Anthias + SPS = win

MasterMind9

Beautiful borbonius you got there. I was passionate about anthias (and wrasses) when I started off but I realize they're too big for my tank.

Anthias + SPS = win

Honestly I'm a fish lover, corals are always my second choice, If I have to choose between both of them with the same price I always go on for fish every time lol :lol: . Anthias is one of my favorite but they are so weak , I always have to purchase 10 to get 5 because half of them always unreasonable die, Borbonius is different, much stronger than other member in his species. Mystery wrasse , bluespot jawfish , flame wrasse , platinum clown fish , queen angel they are all on my list even though some of them can't get along well with corals. let's worry about it later hahaha

+1 about the Borbonius' hardiness. One of the good LFS I go to sells Borbonius once a while and they sell out quick, even though they're worth $$$.

Wrasses are #2 in my books. I love the colors on the Hawaiian Flame, Rhombus, and Labouti Wrasses... but again, size of tank prevented me from getting one. I might get a 4-line wrasse (preferably a true mated pair) when I upgrade to a 40gal.

MasterMind9

+1 about the Borbonius' hardiness. One of the good LFS I go to sells Borbonius once a while and they sell out quick, even though they're worth $$$.

Wrasses are #2 in my books. I love the colors on the Hawaiian Flame, Rhombus, and Labouti Wrasses... but again, size of tank prevented me from getting one. I might get a 4-line wrasse (preferably a true mated pair) when I upgrade to a 40gal.

Wrasse can not spread their charm without plenty of room to swim :wub: . I always stick to nano and anti every people that tell me to up grade my tank but when your nano full of stocks, your imagination, passion and desire will be block. That's what I face it when my 37G was full and every thing that I purchased have to think hard that they can fit in and have space enough to swim or not. Right now I'm so happy that I got 175G coz I can put everything I ever dream of , which I couldn't allow to do it in nano such as lot of wrasse or a caravan of anthias hahahah . So what I like to tell you is if it not to difficult for you, go for a big one then use it forever better than use a little bigger than previous one and have several of it. B)

My oh my.... where did you find a Christmas tree grove like that?!?!? And something I'm not sure i'm brave enough to ask..... how much was it?

Wrasse can not spread their charm without plenty of room to swim :wub: . I always stick to nano and anti every people that tell me to up grade my tank but when your nano full of stocks, your imagination, passion and desire will be block. That's what I face it when my 37G was full and every thing that I purchased have to think hard that they can fit in and have space enough to swim or not. Right now I'm so happy that I got 175G coz I can put everything I ever dream of , which I couldn't allow to do it in nano such as lot of wrasse or a caravan of anthias hahahah . So what I like to tell you is if it not to difficult for you, go for a big one then use it forever better than use a little bigger than previous one and have several of it. B)

Thanks for the advice. Might just go even bigger and just stick with it :D

MasterMind9

Loved your last tank and I'm sure this one will be great too!

Thanks man, I'll try not to dissappoint everyone including myself haha :P

My oh my.... where did you find a Christmas tree grove like that?!?!? And something I'm not sure i'm brave enough to ask..... how much was it?

From my LFS in Thailand, he said he got it from Thai ocean also which i'm very surprise, Asian ocean have something beautiful like this? it coz 5$ per 1 tube and this one have around 50 of it so i think now you can calculate the price by yourself. :lol:

Woot woot! Love this tank so much.

Glad that you like it :lol:

Thanks for the advice. Might just go even bigger and just stick with it :D

It may quite harder to maintenance compare to nano but the experience from nano can lead to well organize and planing before you set up a new one, so go for it if you have a plan to upgrade. B)

Archived