ReefCleaners.org

Now Available! Micro-Reefs Pico AIO Temperate System!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I really want to try a temperate sometime.. how hard are these to care for? are they as demanding as a tropical reef tank?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

They are in my opinion easier because of many variables.

Others will mostl likely chime in.

They are in my opinion easier because of many variables.

Others will mostl likely chime in.

Harder than keeping a gold fish, easier than keeping an SPS tank. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Christine,

Take a look at the video I did when I dove with my BAUE divers and I got the father of these two baby crabs on camera, he was huge! You will like the video! I am the one shooting the video... :)

READ THE CAPTIONS, YOU WILL DIE LAUGHING! (REMEMBER STAR WARS: LUKE AND DARTH VADER)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

LOL Mike :lol:

You know what I just realized, the other day I told you I like 3 things about Canadians. But, after watching this video I remember I must bring that up to 4 things that make Canadians awesome!

I also own a Xeo from Liquivision and I know you are aware it's another Canadian invention! You guys just make awesome stuff that we Americans just cannot live without! :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update: LED fixture w/o canopy...

We decided to offer an elegant LED fixture that is made from sleek acrylic and matches our system. Here are some pics... These will be offered as an add on to our system.

These photos were taken during the night time blue LED's

2uq21qc.jpg

10wi9w3.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

that light just...BELONGS! looks good. and btw is that a nano-mag? how safe are they on acrylic?

The light you see on there is the Innovative Marine Skyye LED fixture. It contours our system just nicely and can be added to our system with just one piece.

Yes that is a nano-mag cleaner and they are okay as along as you don't pick up gravel from below or clean in circular motions. This one is not that great because it requires a much larger magnet. 1/2 inch acrylic reduces the efficacy of this magnet.

But I used it because I had some areas I couldn't reach with a toothbrush.

Your bookshelf goes out today! I am leaving to the warehouse to package it up and take it down to UPS! :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

You won't need to... Your tank is made out of 3/8 inch material which that magnet will work.

At 1/2 inch material the dynamics change.

The light you see on there is the Innovative Marine Skyye LED fixture. It contours our system just nicely and can be added to our system with just one piece.

Yes that is a nano-mag cleaner and they are okay as along as you don't pick up gravel from below or clean in circular motions. This one is not that great because it requires a much larger magnet. 1/2 inch acrylic reduces the efficacy of this magnet.

But I used it because I had some areas I couldn't reach with a toothbrush.

Your bookshelf goes out today! I am leaving to the warehouse to package it up and take it down to UPS! :)

Hey Mike how did it mount?...coincidentally, I have one already on its way.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey Mike how did it mount?...coincidentally, I have one already on its way.

It actually looks like it's part of the tank. The IM has a small black bracket that holds the brace (arm) of the fixture. Find the spot and use Weldon and it's sealed! :)

It actually looks like it's part of the tank. The IM has a small black bracket that holds the brace (arm) of the fixture. Find the spot and use Weldon and it's sealed! :)

Cool....did you use the 4W you have listed, or the 8W

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Cool....did you use the 4W you have listed, or the 8W

With a temperate tank, you don't need the extra lighting like the tropical cousins! So, I went with the 4w I had on my site the 8w is expensive and reefers don't like to pay those high prices.

I never carried the 8w only the 4 w and I might add it's all your really need for softies in the tropical side.

• 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update: redoing my 2 gallon tank back to its original size to match Nanotopias custom base... Will be posting pics next....

• 2 months later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update? :)

Yes,

I changed my 2 gallon into another tank, as this prototype water level was too high. The newer tank sports our canopy and in my opinion looks nicer.

I will post some pictures when I get the chance!

Archived