inTank Media Baskets

Beware dealing with Reefs2Go

Ambivalent homotropheus

Good to know, I will need tons of snails and hermits when I set up my 150g, so my money will go to John maloney and reefcleaners with their A+ customer service.

definitely the way to go for cuc.

I couldn't even make it past the 1st page of this thread. I'm pretty horrified at the first post, and will never order from them now. Thank you.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seahorsedreams

You should probably go back and read the other pages.... you'll be more horrified.

After saying they would have to charge me for changing the shipping details, they realize the ricordea I purchased at a specific price was like 20 over the amount allowed.

^^^^^

This part of the first post to me seems to mean, "The amount was over the limit and I knew it but they just finally realized and killed the order".

Seems like some dishonesty to me from someone...

"Even though they took my money for a whole bunch of them and had no mechanism in place to stop the buyer from buying more than three, or anything on their site posted blatantly where you could see that rule."

^^^^^^

But this part of a later post clarified the issue about the limit, that there was none.

This part of the first post to me seems to mean, "The amount was over the limit and I knew it but they just finally realized and killed the order".

I could not find that quote you have anywhere in this thread. Where did you find it at?

"Even though they took my money for a whole bunch of them and had no mechanism in place to stop the buyer from buying more than three, or anything on their site posted blatantly where you could see that rule."

^^^^^^

But this part of a later post clarified the issue about the limit, that there was none.

I could not find that quote you have anywhere in this thread. Where did you find it at?

The only quote part was above the ^^^^^^.

I don't trust either person, fwiw... Buyer or seller. Both suck.

Too many times being lied to "ohh there was nothing saying that" when it was fairly obvious... ITs like the team lift signs that are on heavy boxes but are ignored until someone hurts themselves and says "I never knew that!!" which is utter poopie.

You should probably go back and read the other pages.... you'll be more horrified.

really? if so, I'd prefer not to. lol...or did reefs2go try to defend their actions somewhere in the thread? D:

Ambivalent homotropheus

I don't trust either person, fwiw... Buyer or seller. Both suck.

Too many times being lied to "ohh there was nothing saying that" when it was fairly obvious... ITs like the team lift signs that are on heavy boxes but are ignored until someone hurts themselves and says "I never knew that!!" which is utter poopie.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People commenting on the thread trying to cast stones when they themselves are showing poor character. I don't trust either, buyer or seller, they both "suck". I wasn't aware that I engaged in any name calling or cast any judgment on you whatsoever. So is it alright for you to pass that judgement on me...?

Ambivalent homotropheus

So for clarification. Comment all you want on your personal experiences with this company but please refrain from casting aspersions on me, or anyone else commenting on the thread. It is becoming tedious and disrespectful.

I've had both good and bad experiences with them. Most of the livestock in my tanks came from them. Some of it has thrived while other things have not. There have been mix ups in shipping and then the replacement arriving DOA. Have had other DOA's but never any issues getting a credit. Overall I will keep doing business with them. About the only thing i ever order online anymore is pods anyway and they have amazing deals on those.

So for clarification. Comment all you want on your personal experiences with this company but please refrain from casting aspersions on me, or anyone else commenting on the thread. It is becoming tedious and disrespectful.

You demand "aspersions" to not be cast but then don't give the same respect toward others...... Really?

What posts have you done that are edifying towards anyone on this forum? I see "help me id" "help me with this product" "let me tear reefs2go down"...

Please, do tell.

Ambivalent homotropheus

You demand "aspersions" to not be cast but then don't give the same respect toward others...... Really?

What posts have you done that are edifying towards anyone on this forum? I see "help me id" "help me with this product" "let me tear reefs2go down"...

Please, do tell.

Are you serious right now. How about you thoroughly go through this thread and look at every response. The one person who I "attacked" was the individual who engaged in libel and name selling first. While this does not make it ok for me to respond with the same lack of class, it was a mistake, shouldn't have been said, and acknowledged. Once again though, no one else on this forum have I disrespected unnecessarily, something I can't say for you. You're making assumptions my story instead of comprehending its intended use, which was to provide a truthful experience for people who might be contemplating dealing with this company. No one asked for your negative attitude or counter productive responses. I mean you honestly are not "with it" because you're providing nothing even semi productive to the conversation or even a possible topic for healthy debate.

I've had both good and bad experiences with them. Most of the livestock in my tanks came from them. Some of it has thrived while other things have not. There have been mix ups in shipping and then the replacement arriving DOA. Have had other DOA's but never any issues getting a credit. Overall I will keep doing business with them. About the only thing i ever order online anymore is pods anyway and they have amazing deals on those.

Thanks for sharing your experience voodoo, finally this thread is re-embarking on the right path and its intended purpose.

Are you serious right now. How about you thoroughly go through this thread and look at every response. The one person who I "attacked" was the individual who engaged in libel and name selling first. While this does not make it ok for me to respond with the same lack of class, it was a mistake, shouldn't have been said, and acknowledged. Once again though, no one else on this forum have I disrespected unnecessarily, something I can't say for you. You're making assumptions my story instead of comprehending its intended use, which was to provide a truthful experience for people who might be contemplating dealing with this company. No one asked for your negative attitude or counter productive responses. I mean you honestly are not "with it" because you're providing nothing even semi productive to the conversation or even a possible topic for healthy debate.

Thanks for sharing your experience voodoo, finally this thread is re-embarking on the right path and its intended purpose.

No... See you don't get to say "I'm the better man" and then start attacking again.

For that matter, I frankly don't care about your high horse. A truthful experience would be something like, "I did not notice and understand that it was a mistake." What I read from your posts tone and expectancy is that you get your multiple ricordea at the price you want regardless of how it hurts the business. In fact, from the tone of your posting it makes me even moreso want to lean towards agreeing with reef2go without even knowing their side. It really feels like you went, "Hey look these are this price and there's a stated limit but I'm going to order a whole bunch and see if they notice".

Now understand that I never said that was true. I simply stated that it felt that way from the posts you have done so far in this thread.

This all being said, I'm moving away from this thread as I don't need sucked into anymore negativity.

Best wishes to Reef2Go and Ambivalent.

You said...

You quoted it to make it look like he knew he was ordering more than was allowed. There was *NOTHING* in the original post saying he knew there was a limit and later clarified it by saying as much. The part you quoted does not support your claims.

The only dishonesty I am seeing is in your accusations.

Ambivalent homotropheus

You said...

You quoted it to make it look like he knew he was ordering more than was allowed. There was *NOTHING* in the original post saying he knew there was a limit and later clarified it by saying as much. The part you quoted does not support your claims.

The only dishonesty I am seeing is in your accusations.

Elmo, I really do appreciate the fact that another person realizes this guy is trying to make it seem I stated something I didn't buy creating quotations that I simply did not state. I do appreciate the arbitrary acknowledgement of this. As I stated earlier, if someone believes me fine, if they don't fine, but R2G never published or spoke of a limit for the amount you could purchase. And in response to the negative poster who continues to batter me, I doubt them selling me 20 ricordea at 5 dollars a piece, the deal THEY themselves concocted, is going to make them go bankrupt. Once again, thank you very much Elmo for being the only reasonable person to speak up so far.

Elmo sounds like the only sane person on this thread.

I have had negative experiences with this company along with several of my friends. It would not surprise me in the slightest if they just arbitrarily decided on a limit for the corals purchased after a phone call. The kid sounds kind of dumb in this thread, but his main storyline sounds pretty legit from my position. Some of you sound like some retarded business apologists... As someone who has done small business, I still can't understand the sudden rush to defend a less than stellar company when all you are doing is immediately judging this kid by his spirited post.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Elmo sounds like the only sane person on this thread.

I have had negative experiences with this company along with several of my friends. It would not surprise me in the slightest if they just arbitrarily decided on a limit for the corals purchased after a phone call. The kid sounds kind of dumb in this thread, but his main storyline sounds pretty legit from my position. Some of you sound like some retarded business apologists... As someone who has done small business, I still can't understand the sudden rush to defend a less than stellar company when all you are doing is immediately judging this kid by his spirited post.

Hahahaha. Apart from the fact you said I sound "really dumb." Still lawling about that. At least you are approaching this from a coherent and reasonable position as well.

Hahahaha. Apart from the fact you said I sound "really dumb." Still lawling about that. At least you are approaching this from a coherent and reasonable position as well.

You do sound dumb in this thread. I don't really disagree with you on much though. I'm sure you played a small part in the issue. I just think it's absurd that so many people are nuthugging the vendor solely in spite of you because they don't like you. Seems dumb. You could easily think both parties are retarded.

Either way, ElmoC is the only dude on this thread throwing out plain old wisdom. As a person who also values his time, and actually has to while I work 80 hr weeks these days, I can't understand people being so ####ing apologetic of a questionable company.

It's just thinly veiled as shit by some of these weirdos on here.

You know some people have actually had a moderately good experience with the company. :rolleyes: It isn't outrageous to think that someone would try to defend them.

Ambivalent homotropheus

You do sound dumb in this thread. I don't really disagree with you on much though. I'm sure you played a small part in the issue. I just think it's absurd that so many people are nuthugging the vendor solely in spite of you because they don't like you. Seems dumb. You could easily think both parties are retarded.

Either way, ElmoC is the only dude on this thread throwing out plain old wisdom. As a person who also values his time, and actually has to while I work 80 hr weeks these days, I can't understand people being so ####ing apologetic of a questionable company.

It's just thinly veiled as shit by some of these weirdos on here.

Well I completely agree with the second part of your observation. As to how I sound "dumb" that's a very vague and unsupported claim. You can feel as you wish. But usually the guy calling someone dumb and not being able to provide examples as to why...... Well that speaks for itself.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Anyways I'm done looking at this thread. The purpose of this thread to share experiences has been so extremely skewed off course it's becoming pointlessly monotonous. Then you have people hopping on bandwagons attacking me for reasons they don't even know, people accusing me of being dumb but understanding my qualms with the company and they don't even know why. This is a cluster-you know what. Word to the wise, if you're going to make a statement about an individuals character, at least provide an example or some point of reference. Too many personal attacks on this thread with no substance at all. Elmo thanks for contributing to the only positive discussion on this entire four pages of ridiculous jargon.

Anyways I'm done looking at this thread. The purpose of this thread to share experiences has been so extremely skewed off course it's becoming pointlessly monotonous. Then you have people hopping on bandwagons attacking me for reasons they don't even know, people accusing me of being dumb but understanding my qualms with the company and they don't even know why. This is a cluster-you know what. Word to the wise, if you're going to make a statement about an individuals character, at least provide an example or some point of reference. Too many personal attacks on this thread with no substance at all. Elmo thanks for contributing to the only positive discussion on this entire four pages of ridiculous jargon.

It's an opinion. Read the thread for my "support" of my arguement. Of course, you don't think you did anything wrong. You wouldn't have done it otherwise or spoken the way you have. Does not compute... It's tedious to get into specifics with some random kid on the internet.

Wow this thread got crazy!

I have ordered from them a few times with no bad experiances. Everything arrived healthy and well packed. I don't order fish from them though just because nothing can beat Live Aquaria (and sometimes bluezoo).

Lol the post has gotten off topic a bit. I personally have dealt with them many times, and customer service has been incredible each and every time. Products have been great as well

Archived