Cultivated Reef

Newb_reefer1's 50g starfire rimless cube sps reef build

Newb_reefer1

what i was just thinking hah. so back on the blue acro what could possibly be happening if its not from the glue ? not enough light acclimation or too much light ?

It would be nice if I could give you a definitive answer but the thing is there are 2 many variables. You need to give it some time

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice if I could give you a definitive answer but the thing is there are 2 many variables. You need to give it some time

Alright, I'll give it time and flow. I got my other wp25 today and I'm about to put it into the tank, I feel like I've been needing more flow on the right side so I'm hoping this does the trick :D

8oGWo5f.jpg

omg finally i tweaked the settings on this all night and as soon as i got home and i just found the perfect amount of flow for the sps without having a sandstorm in the tank :) getting my first fish this weekend and i think im probably going to pick up a super male hawaiian flame wrasse soon after a local reefer has one for 160$ and ive been contemplating it

• 9 months later...
Newb_reefer1

Wow haven't updated this in so long... Little has changed my stocking plans have reverted to completely wrasse dominated, since my last post I have added a Red Sea eightline flasher wrasse, linespot flasher, and a potters leopard wrasse and I have an order of some more exotic wrasse coming later today !! ( which I am very excited about there are some beauties in that box) but you'll see those later ;) I have just been keeping up on maintenance and water changes and the corals are growing nicely, but I did stop running GFO it was making the water too clean the sps were getting deprived of nutrients pics to come soon

Newb_reefer1

Now what's a post without pics right ? Right ! First up are the fish pics :)

Eightline flasher:

Jls1Cuf.jpg

Linespot flasher:

eugkNLU.jpg

Potters leopard:

lVG15yc.jpg

How about some coral shots now ? Of course !

These are all new pic ups:

W87gwoi.jpgjCrIXco.jpgJEsLlsW.jpgBXadByQ.jpgs13LxgB.jpgJj7RxUt.jpgVCvbMGp.jpgjJl51Z4.jpg

Some progression pics if a few acros since I haven't posted anything on here in a while

Past:

xyq90Eb.jpg

Present:

uVd2yeT.jpg

And here's a sneak peek on the incoming wrasses they are in drip acclimation right now hitting the display tank in a few hours

sFwXEWm.jpg

Anyone want to tryna and guess what kind they are ?

Archived