inTank Media Baskets

DC's Rimless Repletion: New pair of Black Ice Snowflakes

DCUEVAS74

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great looking tank!!

Thank you! I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along. I've got a new light fixture in the works that I am excited about. I've asked Dave from Nanobox to work his magic!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Light has arrived. Testing one two, one two...

cc16cf0e-10d9-45d9-aa33-62a31d96829f.jpg

I have to say this retro by Dave @ Nanobox really exceeded my expectations. Thanks again Dave. Can't wait to get this over the tank!

BattleAthletics

Thanks, local reefer who has been making tanks in Dallas for years. Very happy with his work!

A different one from planet aquariums?

Best of both worlds, nice.

What bulbs are you running?

Couldn't be happier with the light. Heard how Dave does great work and he did not let down. Everything was streamlined and clean!

I'm using some of the bulbs that came with the light I bought used. Might as well right? Maybe Santa will bring some new ones.

Actinic Plus

Fiji Purple

Aquablue special

Blue plus

A different one from planet aquariums?

Yeah. I looked into their setups because they were clean but the price was way up there for the dimensions I needed. Had read about different people here in Dallas that have used David Varela multiple times over the years so I took a chance. Glad I did, for the price, all starfire and quality you can't beat it!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Couldn't be happier with the light. Heard how Dave does great work and he did not let down. Everything was streamlined and clean!

I'm using some of the bulbs that came with the light I bought used. Might as well right? Maybe Santa will bring some new ones.

Actinic Plus

Fiji Purple

Aquablue special

Blue plus

Cool.

Now with all those LEDs try 3 Blue+ & 1 Coral+ and you'll get some amazing color. Try and move out of all the white/daylight bulbs into more blue spectrum bulbs! 2B+ 2C+ is cool too...

Cool.

Now with all those LEDs try 3 Blue+ & 1 Coral+ and you'll get some amazing color. Try and move out of all the white/daylight bulbs into more blue spectrum bulbs! 2B+ 2C+ is cool too...

Awesome, appreciate the good infomation. I have always enjoyed following your build and your photography. I am definitely going to order 3B+ 2C to try both combinations and see what sticks.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Good way to do it! I would say maybe an actinic too but royal blue Leds pop corals much better. And the blue plus has the spectrum blended nicely

Good way to do it! I would say maybe an actinic too but royal blue Leds pop corals much better. And the blue plus has the spectrum blended nicely

I dig it! Spectrum is what I am shooting for. My set up has finally matured enough to my liking. I think my parameters are stable enough now to start to play with some sps frags and start getting some colors popping! :D

Dave really did a nice job on your fixture, it looks great.

Danka! btw I have really enjoyed following your artisan over time. Awesomely done!

• 2 weeks later...

Anything new? FTS?

Soon! I have been bogged down with finals. One more practical tomorrow then pics to follow. The light has been awesome to me so far! Some new colors are starting to come in due to the t5s!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got caught up from school. Took some shots of the light Dave retrofitted for me. He did an outstanding job! Thanks again Dave!

side_light_1.jpg

top-colors_1.jpg

lightbottom_1.jpg

bottom_side_1.jpg

side2_1.jpg

new-front_1.jpg

Archived