inTank Media Baskets

My 15G NanoReef

hustlah

i agree the tanks looks great, but i would kinda be careful with aht many fish, i have that many fish in my 40 and i'm not going ot put many more, i mean with that much filtration you'r good on water quality but you have to think, can the fish really swim?

ghostbear29

hey make sure to post pics of the mangroves when you get a chance. I would like to see how that looks set up. Here in Arizona, we never see mangroves..lol

Originally posted by petes

How come theres different water levels in your tank (first and second picture)? I thought you had a sump. How long have you have it set up for?

It appears that he turned off the return pump for some of the pictures.

Next stop-Picoville...where we will harass the #### out of the nice posters who willingly share their experiences with us about their mini mini reef setups. Its so morally wrong for these people to keep some polyps and sand in a 1 gallon tank, when we make sure to use at least 20 gallons in order to give our tanks that "ocean-like" feeling. I mean, i never killed a fish, why should you. Unless you count the two damsels, two hermit crabs, a turbo snail and a sixline wrasse. Damn, thats actually a lot of deaths. Nevermind, I am a bad aquarist. Really though, are there any other accounts of turbo snail and hermit crab deaths? I just ordered a 70W DE ushio and i have a 65W actinic PC. I hope its enough for my 20 gallon, but i will set it up closer to the tank than your own. I thought that the 10000K was more blue than that. 6500K is supposed to be daylight, and all of these 10000K bulbs especially the flouros look like a 6500K outdoor flouro that i have. I think we are being decieved. It seems like Kelvin is a subjective adjective like "really white" light, or yeah the car has "really fast" torque. My computer speakers are "really loud" decibals, so they cost more money than the other brands. Seriously though, on all the charts and graphs ive studied, 10000K corresponds to a deep blue far beyond daylight. Let me know if im outta wack here. Oh yeah, your tank looks really cool and i like the open top.

don't feel bad the guy has like 4 or 5 fish in a 15, yea feel bad feel real bad, what if someone shoved you in a box you coulden't turn around in.

If he can make it work, why can;t everyone else leave him alone.

He's obviously foreign. From where, I don't know. But wherever he's from, did you stop to think that maybe keeping 4 fish in a 15g cube is not so 'taboo'?

I don't particularly want to get on the size of the fish vs. tank size rule, but the measurements in books, on websites, etc. are from full grown fish. Full grown. How many butterflys, tangs, etc. can you ever say you have seen fully grown in a home aquaria setting? Leave the poor guy alone.

Your tank looks great. Welcome to N-R.C!

-Justin

Archived