My 15G NanoReef

hustlah

79623-med.jpg

79625-med.jpg

79624-med.jpg

79622-med.jpg

79621-med.jpg

My 15G nano-reef.

250 BLV (USHIO) DE 10,000K (PFO MINI PENDENT)

13G Sump with Micronsock filter, refugium, filtermedia

AquaC urchin Pro Skimmer -> will be replaced with DIY Skimmer soon

Iwaki 20 RLT + SCWD

4 mangrove not shown in picture.

this tank is made to overview the tank.

and to raise magrove.

Outstanding Reef. It looks very clean and very colorful. But I agree with Unit, 5 fish is way too much. The butterfly I think needs a bit more room to swim.

I don't think it's that hi-tech. He's just got the basic necessary stuff.

Nice Tank. I like it. It looks alot bigger than 15/g.

dodgerblew

Is that an acro or a monti with all the die off. Are you trying to revive one or is that happening in your system?

thank U

I can't speak English well, so please understand unnatural expressions.

First, Copperband - yes, it's too big, but it's a unvoidable choice to aquire copperband which eats flake foods.

and to me, the most important thing is over all color look of tank.

copperband give a great point in my tank.

but It's a true that copperband is too big for my tank.

Second, Too many Fish - In my Sump, there are about 40lbs crushed live rock and 3inch Live sand, and Seaweed.

and I got waterchange twice in a month.

and there is 3kg of mud in my main tank.

and I think most import thing of my tank's filteration is

micron sludge filter and Iwaki 20R

It works great and there aren't sludge in my tank.

I don't think this is high tech. good water flow and lighting is basic necessary stuff.

Third. I don't afraid jumping back. ^_^

I made this tank to raise magrove. (not shown this picture and

there is 4 mangrove in my tank)

so I make this like terrarium style.

so my tank's height is low. when mangrove becom bigger, I make my main tank little higher.

Fourth, SPS - this isn't RTN. there was STN 2 weeks before, but

now, surface grow over white born.

and SPS and 6Fishs are unmatchable.

I know...but....It's a good looking...So...

I can't do anything..^_^

And tank dimension is

17 * 17 * 11

and sump's dimension is

15 * 15 * 15 (water line)

it's low but when mangrove become higher, my tank become higher.

and there isn't any submersible moter in my tank.

In fact, I'm also afraid of copperband :P

Originally posted by oldtimer

How do you see the fish with all that equipment?  Come on guys, less technology and more nature.

Huh? I don't see too much equipment. I think the tank looks great.

And it looks like its viewable from 3 sides. Thats a lot more than most of our tanks.

Nice work!

hey, you should get a regal tang too... that'll really look "pretty". like you said, i suppose the color of the tank is more important than the health of the inhabitants...

whats the see through coral at the top? looks like a hammer possibly. is that color morph rare? looks wicked!

I know...but....It's a good looking...So...

I can't do anything..^_^

you obviously really dont care about marine life. maybe you should get some pretty paintings and put them on the wall instead.

are you SURE its good looking?

First, Copperband - yes, it's too big, but it's a unvoidable choice to aquire copperband which eats flake foods.

This is crap decision making. I will stuff you in a box just because you eat cereal.

I didn't know you are real nature lover.

OK,

then 24", 36" or 48" tank make them great ocean?

they feel like their home?

hey, It's same that we breed them in box.

and pete, you misjudge my coral. It is not hammer

Did you make your tank by marine life? what is marine life?

small(24")tank -> small fish. large(48"tank) -> large fish?

It's only twice larger, but it's a box, not ocean.

And he is healthy

We are all nature lovers here. I realize youre into the hobby because you think it looks pretty, but the rest of us care for the well-being of the inhabitants of our tanks and in the sea.

Yes, all of our tanks are small compared to the ocean. But larger tanks are more suitable for certain species because it gives them room to swim, graze, create territories, etc.

Marine life is all living things in the sea.. fish.. corals.. inverts...

Whatever your coral is, its bleached... that means YOU stressed it out, it has released all its zoox.

How come theres different water levels in your tank (first and second picture)? I thought you had a sump. How long have you have it set up for?

the tank is a clean set-up really very nice..... ilike the look i do not really understand the high back and sides but i understand you used the tank for something else....aside from the copperband I think you are doing great :) good luck nice pics

• 4 weeks later...
ghostbear29

in hustlas defense, the fish are moving regularly and the have great color. hell, if they even eat flake food without the fuss. maybe they are fine. I mean lets be real. This info that we take as the bible of reef keeping is not so new and updated. with all the necessary equipment a 15 can act like a 30. BUT, on the other side, Hustla, check the water man! and keep up with the changes. and for Gods sake, no more ocean monsters in a milk jug...ok. good luck....LOL

ghostbear29

hey that reminds me, this dude I knew when I was still into cychlids. He had a GIANT pacu in this 100 gal tank. well, the tank broke and he didn't have enough money to get the same tank(it was way to small anyway!!!) hell, the fish could hardly turn around..splashed everywhere....not kidding....well, he ended up with this hex tank that was like 75 or 80 gals. but.....it was only like 22 inches deep or some and the top part .....lol......of the fish was out of the water like some freakin shark or something...man after i freaked out when i went to his place....i chewed him a new one and then fell on the floor laughing. It looked soooo bad!!! Poor George(the pacu). Ended up at a Aquarium for south american fish .....ALOT HAPPIER!!! ha ha ha ha

kris_willard

I love how everyone makes people feel at home here. Im sure that if this guy wanted to be hassled he could go to work and tell his boss that he was bangin' his wife. I think your tank is beautiful keep up the good work.

dude, your tank is awsome- I really like it. I dont understand why some people decide that they are the Gods of the reef. I mean there are some limits- such as keeping a flower pot- But otherwise who can really tell another reefer what to do? thats kind of wrong. People were yelling at me for keeping a mandarin in my 5 gallon nano. Turns out that the mandarin eats frozen. But still people told me- No way man, he will still die within a month or 2. Well, she is still doing great at 6 months +.

Archived