inTank Media Baskets

Stussi's 8g CADLights Tank

Stussi613

Wow, I'm so bad at updating this. I've been so busy working on my 130g that I haven't had much time for this tank, or for updating the thread. I took a quick video tonight, kind of a last update because I took everything out of this tank and moved it into a 15g that I had kicking around because it had too much stuff in it and my clowns have been trying to sort out the boy/girl dilemma and they don't have much room to get away from each other. The clowns were never meant to stay in this tank for this long so I had to move them.

The good news is I learned allot about spray foam backgrounds and foregrounds in doing my big tank and I've got some major plans for this tank starting in February. Until then I'll leave you guys with this and start a new thread with the build progress of the new scape and the mods I'm going to make to solve some of the gripes I've got with this otherwise amazing tank!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clowns are in a 15g CADLights Zen tank right now, destined for the 130g when it's up and running.

This tank will get ripped down and heavily modified, and have a custom spray foam back wall and base built for it. It's going to be a zoa/paly garden when I'm done.

Do you have a 130 build?

Haven't started a build thread yet, but I've got pictures of the painfully slow process. So far I've ripped the top brace off so I can euro brace, made my overflow holes bigger, built my overflow boxes and started a spray foam rock wall for the entire tank. I've already got just about everything I need in terms of sump, return pump, skimmer, led lights and plumbing parts...just need to make some progress.

I was just wondering about the people that have or had the 8gal cad setup. Did you guys all get a glass lid with your tanks? I bought one at the local fish store and when I got home I noticed there was no lid but I did have the clips for the lid. I asked the store and they said it didn't come with one. Is this normal?

Thanks

Rob

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just wondering about the people that have or had the 8gal cad setup. Did you guys all get a glass lid with your tanks? I bought one at the local fish store and when I got home I noticed there was no lid but I did have the clips for the lid. I asked the store and they said it didn't come with one. Is this normal? Thanks Rob

it definitely should have come with two separate

glass pieces, one for the front and one for the back.

sorry you got bamboozled on that.

currently cycling my cadlights 8g.

@robbie_boy,

Yeah tank comes with 2 glass covers.

*Also stalking all the CADLight 8s out there. In the process of setting mine up... Rock is done, sand aquired, next is the cabinet and plumbing into it.

• 2 weeks later...

How's it going on the cycle?

my cycle's going great. though maybe i haven't

had one yet. i added soft corals from my old tank

one week in, my sexies 10 days in, and a bunch

of other stuff two weeks in.

i know, it's not orthodox or old school, but paramaters

were good. everything seems happy. so we'll see.

i plan on getting fishies in another 2 weeks.

i started the tank with new black sand, a handful

of seeded black sand from pico, new live rock and

one live rock from old tank.

Archived