Coral Vue Hydros

Macro for AI Nano?

supermarvin76

supermarvin76

Hello!

Could someone reccomend some nice red and green macro that will do well for nuterient export, under an AI Sol Nano, and will be ok in the display?

Thank you!

Dragon's breath and red grape. Most macros will do okay, but I think using neutral whites would be better growth.

supermarvin76

I understand growth is the key to nutrient export, is that right? But.... I don't want to use all neutral white :(

Jedi advised a 1:1 ratio of WW:CW IIRC for my planted tank, so that would probably be best/near best for a display/viewing fuge.

Polarcollision

AI nano sol on my aquarium is growing dragons breath, red string of pearls, blue ochtodes and one sold as 'rare red branching' macro. All are being trimmed and tossed out monthly. I feed heavy and keep 0-.05 nitrate levels.

supermarvin76

AI nano sol on my aquarium is growing dragons breath, red string of pearls, blue ochtodes and one sold as 'rare red branching' macro. All are being trimmed and tossed out monthly. I feed heavy and keep 0-.05 nitrate levels.

Sweet beans! What are you settings?

Polarcollision

Sweet beans! What are you settings?

Using the ugly stock arm so lights are about 4-6(ish) inches from the glass lid. Whites max at 30% for 5 hrs, but I lowered the blues a bit to max 40%. Schedule here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/316682-nuvo-8g/?p=4162752

You can see the algae trimmed back in the FTS on first post. Most of it is hidden in the shadows behinds the scape

supermarvin76

Thank you Pollarcollision!!!

I just got back from the LFS, and while I really wanted Red Grape, or Dragon's Breath, all they had was Red Gracilaria.

Hello!

Could someone reccomend some nice red and green macro that will do well for nuterient export, under an AI Sol Nano, and will be ok in the display?

Thank you!

Red grape

Red titan

Dragons Breath

Ulva

Halimeda

Gracilaria both red and green

Bornitella oligospora (sear fern) is now my personal favorite. You will need to limit the number of dwarf ceriths with this plant as they will strip it bare.

Bornitella oligospora (sear fern) is now my personal favorite. You will need to limit the number of dwarf ceriths with this plant as they will strip it bare.

I like those! They look kinda similar to some sponges.

Archived