Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plainrt's Project TONS of Fun....150 cube. New vid page 3 10-20-13

plainrt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how high are you going to run the 400w radium. i have mine about 15" off the water. i get pretty good spread covers a 40 x 36 x 21 area. i have a radium but have been thinking a 14k with RB and TV LED for a little pop

i do think i have really good coverage, useing a LumenArc reflector. When i redo my stand , I think i will do a sort of floating canapy as well. I still have to break it down to buff scratches out of acrylic, dosent bother me so much but others that see it may be distracted. So that being said i think i will keep the halide over it and add some RB,TV,and HV on three sides of the halide. I am sure with onlt 21" of depth i get plenty of light to the bottom

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

]Was bored so took quick vid of tank with phone. Sorry not pro quality as had two kids bothering me. And lmao at music.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah all wrasses hunt together and get along great. I have a big Christmas wrasse also. They were all in my old 57 with no issues.

Here is par readings of a 400w radium over my 3ft cube.Tank is 27 tall and single hamilton cozumel pendant hanging 12 inches above water powered by a lumatek ballast.The bulb is 5 months old so on its way out im sure as 400 radiums dont last long from what i read.Hopefully next new bulb i can check at start to compare.I was pretty impressed with coverage for area it has to cover.

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/plainrt/media/parss_zps38995e96.jpg.html'>parss_zps38995e96.jpg

i have that same light and it covers a 40x36x22 area great. i think mine is a little higher though. Not sure i remember is your light in a canopy or is it open. I want to enclose mine but dont want any heat issues as of now my tank never gets above 79 but that is no heater either.

i have that same light and it covers a 40x36x22 area great. i think mine is a little higher though. Not sure i remember is your light in a canopy or is it open. I want to enclose mine but dont want any heat issues as of now my tank never gets above 79 but that is no heater either.

Yeah im sure could cover little more.I was impressed with par numbers in corner sand for how tall my tank is and area.12 inches seemed to work best for par and coverage on my tank.Im running open top.Im thinking about doing a custom stand and maybe floating canopy this winter/spring.I wanna do new wood floors in house so tank will come down and i would wanna do some upgrades like basement fish room etc.I want easier water changes lol

That is kinda the route i will take . As much as i want to have led over my tank the may be cost prohibitive , although i do have enough to supplement the halide. I may get some 1" tube or c channel and build led around the halide and use a lower Kelvin bulb. Then again I have been using a radium 20K and get good growth.

That is kinda the route i will take . As much as i want to have led over my tank the may be cost prohibitive , although i do have enough to supplement the halide. I may get some 1" tube or c channel and build led around the halide and use a lower Kelvin bulb. Then again I have been using a radium 20K and get good growth.

Yeah i thought about doing same with leds as would be easy with this pendant i think.

So i have been thinking of bigger plans and well now i know what i want to do thanks for the tank idea!

Lol no problem always glad when can help.

Archived