Cultivated Reef

Plainrt's Project TONS of Fun....150 cube. New vid page 3 10-20-13

plainrt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure yet on plans really.Gonna be lit with a single radium in a big hamilton pendant which is all in mail.Im starting with a 250 radium but the pendant and ballast will run 400s also.I was gonna do basement sump but my furnace is right under tank with a ton of vents in way so went with a 34 gal breeder style tank.

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/plainrt/media/radium_zpsc1744c93.jpg.html'>radium_zpsc1744c93.jpg

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/plainrt/media/sump_zpsce76f6d6.jpg.html'>sump_zpsce76f6d6.jpg

Screen top done.

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/plainrt/media/screentop_zpscfa10d76.jpg.html'>screentop_zpscfa10d76.jpg

You can make some awesome aqua scrapes with that tank. It'll look great! What filtration are you planning

Breeder sump with reef octo skimmer for now out of my 57.Thiinking about a new vertex skimmer when up and running and have some funds to upgrade it.Right now im in middle of getting things for complete kitchen remodel so i really shouldnt be doing this tank lol.But for 800 bucks brand new i couldnt pass up

I was just looking at your 2009 totm, and now this. :) Can't wait to see the results. Is that your 30 in the first picture?

Lol im still on mission to top that tank..........The tank above is my 57 rimless.It was just starting to get point of getting to the 30 after being 2 years old.I didnt plan to change tanks but i could pass this up for 800.I hope i can do something good with this one....................

Marco Madeira

Hi plainrt,

I´m planning on something similar for my next cube.

Can you reply with your tank dimensions please?

Thanks!

Lol im still on mission to top that tank..........The tank above is my 57 rimless.It was just starting to get point of getting to the 30 after being 2 years old.I didnt plan to change tanks but i could pass this up for 800.I hope i can do something good with this one....................

Of course, I think I've even been in that thread. That tank looks pretty darn good ... might want to keep it going a little while longer. :)

Awesome! I've got a 93 that I'm collecting equipment for right now. I offered a guy to trade for his 150 because he screwed up and bought a 36" tank for a 33" hole. He was being delusional on what his tank was worth though. I'm going single 250 myself.

Can't wait to see what you do with your monster cube.

Thanks guys.The tank is 36x36x27.I love the 93 cubes also and heard they came out with a rimless in that size recently.

Of course, I think I've even been in that thread. That tank looks pretty darn good ... might want to keep it going a little while longer. :)

I cant do 2 tanks lol.Im lucky i do one.

• 2 weeks later...

Niiice!

If you have any input on stocking, I'm usually around, but I'll be gone in around 3 weeks (Disneyland, aka hell)

What are the dims of that big boy?

Archived