SaltCritters.com

ADA 60P

ptboy6

Drift Monkey

LOL maybe. I don't know what to do with it. I don't wanna run LED's. I've had it for over a year and never touched it. Originally I was going to run them on a new build but I've decided to go T5's. Don't wanna sell them and lose $250 for nothing since ecotech dropped the price. lol

Wow that sucks. I dunno what I'd do either...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4
LOL maybe. I don't know what to do with it. I don't wanna run LED's. I've had it for over a year and never touched it. Originally I was going to run them on a new build but I've decided to go T5's. Don't wanna sell them and lose $250 for nothing since ecotech dropped the price. lol

I dunno what else to do with them... lol might as well put them to work...

I see....damn that sucks...

Maybe use the 60f and do a frag grow out tank?? Lmao

Exactly! Frag tank, QT tank, whatever!

hmmm...I do have 2 return pumps.. lol I buy in bulk, what can I say? lol

what you gonna use for a return pump?

tunze 1073.02

I still don't know how much flow through the sump is good though.

Drift Monkey

tunze 1073.02

I still don't know how much flow through the sump is good though.

Might depend on if you keep a fuge or not? If not, I don't think the flow through rate is as crucial. You can also set up the fuge to flow through slower in its own chamber with an additional small pump.

That being said, I don't think a high flow rate through a sump is particularly needed from what I understand and will likely be limited by how much your overflow can handle anyway.

Drift Monkey

Might be better to T off the return to control flow, as I said earlier. However, from the pics you show, you could do a herbie type overflow that utilizes 2 drains to make it super quiet/safe!

That's what I was thinking...safe and quiet. Only drawback is less room in the tank. lol I want as much space in there as possible.

Drift Monkey

That's what I was thinking...safe and quiet. Only drawback is less room in the tank. lol I want as much space in there as possible.

Yeah...one of the reasons I want that Super Nano (or equivalent). I wish I had the skills to make a external coast to coast overflow...that would be AWESOME!

Yeah. External overflows are awesome but the tool to cut the glass is about $800. lol

Other than that, it's just building a box pretty much.

Looks like it will be a sweet setup. Love your stand.

Thanks! I'm gonna take my sweet time with this to make it just right. lol

Drift Monkey

Yeah. External overflows are awesome but the tool to cut the glass is about $800. lol

Other than that, it's just building a box pretty much.

There's gotta be a cheaper way to make a notch in the back glass! :blink: Gotta admit, that's a real smooth cut that thing makes though.

There's gotta be a cheaper way to make a notch in the back glass! :blink: Gotta admit, that's a real smooth cut that thing makes though.

I'm sure there's a more diy way but I wouldn't risk it on an ADA tank. lol I'm gonna go experiment. :haha:

MGDMIRAGE has cut notches in the back of many of his aquariums. You should check out his threads or PM him if you are really interested in doing something like that. They all look super nice too, so I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing haha.

Also, that is the nicest stand I've ever seen, DIY or otherwise.

Drift Monkey

MGDMIRAGE has cut notches in the back of many of his aquariums. You should check out his threads or PM him if you are really interested in doing something like that. They all look super nice too, so I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing haha.

LIke this? Doesn't say how he did it though.

Oh hi!

I use a dremel with the quick change dremel diamond coated cutting wheel. Usually i get clean cuts but my last tank the one you linked was starphire and I really noticed more chipping. Keep it wet and go slow, try and rush and the blade might jump and cause the glass to fracture a bit.

I've cut notches in 4 tanks so far, one of them I rushed and the wheel jumped and caused a crack.

Since you are cutting low iron I suggest going halfway through on one side then the other half on the other to minimize the chipping. Keep dremel at medium speed and make sure cut is always wet, wear safety goggles and gloves and a cheap breather mask to make sure you don't breath in any glass dust. This is just from experience as the first time i cut a notch I didn't use any of the safety gear and my hands and face were covered in glass dust which is almost pure white and powder like :(

Wow.. thank you so much guys! I'm so tempted to try this. I'm gonna go practice on some spare glass I have from making a lid for my tank. :) MGDMIRAGE, your tank looks soooo nice. Just wondering though, what silicone did you use for the box?

Archived