Pod Your Reef

Brad's PicO III Mantis Tank

Hobbesaurus

Hobbesaurus

This thing looks awesome!

This mantis is gonna be one happy camper!

One thing I saw, the wheels on the tank stand... I would get rid of those...Shifting stands are no good unless I missed your reasoning behind leaving he wheels in which case disregard :)

Good luck man! I think this is shaping up AWESOME!

Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

As for the wheels, I'm leaving them on for now since the tank isn't in it's permanent location and I'm not all the way done doing my cable management (mentioned items I've still yet to install in above posts)... Once that's done and I'm ready to move it to the final resting place I'll give the removal of the wheels some thought. They've been really handy for maintenance so far and really don't bother me much aesthetically however if they've been known to cause problems I'll definitely consider getting rid of them

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you thinki it would be possible to mod the stand to remove some of the shelves? ie to put an ato tank in the stand?

Hobbesaurus

do you thinki it would be possible to mod the stand to remove some of the shelves? ie to put an ato tank in the stand?

The thought has crossed my mind... I think if I was to do that I'd just go the route of getting some sort of custom long/flat reservoir made to fit in the drawers as is... Don't think my little Dremmel 200 can handle much more torture ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on your corals since Adam took pictures of things tonight. Sorry about the dirty glass and sand, this tank gets neglected pretty hard..

Bubble. This thing has really recovered since being preyed on / irritated by the hermits.

7Pl1OjG.jpg?2

Hammer. Blastos out of focus below. Want some of those neon green polyps/zoas? Not sure what they are but I'm cutting them up this week to trade around the club.

hFj0NFx.jpg?2

To mod the chest to allow an ATO reservoir inside, all you would have to do is cut the bottom few drawers in half (length wise), and move up their back piece....reattach it....adjust the wheels/tracks....donezo. Hidden ATO.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, so I've been a terrible forum user... and I'm sorry... *let the beating commence*

But in my repentance I'm posting some pictures of my finished tank... You'll see I've added a new torch coral with ~8-9 heads as well as Chris Brown himself

uVEyjOp.jpg

Tank shot

hmdNeTE.jpg

Torch

sNEZCm7.jpg

Closeup of Torch

nPrc3nY.jpg

Ric

nFOK2hX.jpg

Recovering Frogspawn

SCoHNvj.jpg

Purple/Gold Wall Hammer

una2eWP.jpg

Neon Green/Purple Wall Hammer (Is no more unfortunately RIP :tears: )

PLwYJYF.jpg

And the star

rY5Ho5w.jpg

And Again

And a video of the badass in action

• 1 month later...

You tank looks awesome.... so does the Mantis!

Excuse my ignorance, as I am just getting back into the hobby -- but what is the purpose of the Comline Filter? Is it just to supplement the PicO filter or what? Also, does it fit in the back compartment?

Archived