ReefCleaners.org

Critter looks like mantis shrimp/stick insect hybrid

hypostatic

They're not that bad, I remember the Monterey Bay Aquarium has a tankful of them. Maybe they're just reaching out for little underwater hugs. :3

Blubbernaut

They're not that bad, I remember the Monterey Bay Aquarium has a tankful of them. Maybe they're just reaching out for little underwater hugs. :3

They do? I go there all the time, and haven't seen them once........ Thank God :wacko:

Haven't seen them there before. Dang, that means they're coldwater. Sad. :(

hypostatic

That guy came as a hitchhicker on some florida algae, so they're deffinitely gettable lol. That guy was small, maybe 1cm length tops.

• 3 weeks later...
AquaticEngineer

If anyone ever wants to do these guys in a coldwater nano tank, I've found several places now to collect them :)

AquaticEngineer

I didn't need to sleep anyways. I hate this thread.

You want some for your 2 gallon ;) lol

• 2 months later...
thesmallerthebetter

once when i was a little kid dock hopping for bay bass i stopped to talk to a diver scrubbing the bottoms of docked boats, ill never forget seeing all the skeleton shrimp clinging to his wet suit on the outside, reaching out like little evil buggers!!!! there were easily 10 thousand of them on his suit....

it terrified me then, but now i see them as amazing little beasties, the topsmelt around the docks here in socal go ape balls for them if you shake them off a hanging dock line. theyre pretty neat.

Archived